Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frazier RoY????

Re: Frazier RoY????

Reds absentee September taking its toll. Cueto. Frazier.

And some of us here who suffered through it.

Wonder how Dusty will do in the manager of the year vote? Probably second to Johnson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Angels center fielder Mike Trout and Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper have been named AL and NL Rookies of the Year, respectively, the Baseball Writers Association of America has announced.

Trout becomes the youngest player in league history to become the AL Rookie of the Year and joins Tim Salmon as the only Rookie of the Year winner in Angels history. He batted an incredible .326/.399/.564 with 30 homers and a league-leading 49 stolen bases in his age-20 season. Yoenis Cespedes, Yu Darvish, Wei-Yin Chen and Jarrod Parker rounded out the ballot (in that order).

The 19-year-old Harper is the second-youngest National League player to ever win the award behind Doc Gooden. He recovered from an extended slump over the summer with a monstrous final month that pushed his season batting line to .270/.340/.477. He also added 22 homers and 18 stolen bases. Wade Miley, Todd Frazier, Wilin Rosario, Norichika Aoki, Yonder Alonso, Matt Carpenter and Jordan Pacheco rounded out the ballot (in that order). Harper finished with 16 of 32 first-place votes. His 112 points gave him a narrow victory over Miley, who finished with 105 points.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...q0cWDUihC4k.99

Tom Groeshen of the Enquirer voted Frazier 3rd, Harper 1st and Miley 2nd.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Fine by me.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    That is exactly how I would have voted.

I think the writers don't want to be on the wrong side of history. Like Joseph said, Harper has the brightest future and 10 years down the road, if he lives up to the hype, the writers don't want people wondering why they didn't vote for the superstar but they voted for a guy who blew out his arm or a guy who is probably retired or a utility player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Yeah, Frazier looked like the favorite at one point in August. But he did nothing in September. Not all his fault, as his playing time severely decreased, but it's a fact.

Frazier's emergence was huge last season. Otherwise, we'd be spending all offseason wondering "What the hell are the Reds going to do at third base?"

He was also a big part of winning a division title and certainly looks like the 3B of the future.

I agree, I'm grateful that we even had a candidate until the very end. That is a very big win for us and for the future of the franchise. To have two rookies fill the left side of the infield and have a season like we did is a huge success.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm mildly surprised Cozart didn't sneak into the top 8. His counting stats were up there with the leaders, his defense earned him a mention in the gold glove catagory...I'm fine with him not being in there, but just surprised he's not.

If I was a Reds fan, I wouldn't worry about this. I think Frazier probably should have won it but you guys have a bright talent at the corner position for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    His counting stats were up there with the leaders
    Charles, how do you figure Cozart's stats were "up there" with Harper and Frazier's?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Charles, how do you figure Cozart's stats were "up there" with Harper and Frazier's?
    Hmmm...for some reason I can't sort the stats on ESPN right now. But as I said, his COUNTING stats...not the slash lines.

Zack had more runs scored than Frazier (72 to 55) Harper had 98
    Zack had more hits than Frazier (138 to 115) Harper had 144
    Zack had more doubles than both (33 to 26 for both Frazier & Harper)
    Zack's HR totals weren't far off them either (15 for Zack, 19 for Frazier, 22 for Harper)

Those were just a few I looked at. Sure, he had more playing time than either of them, but he had a pretty solid rookie campaign in many ways. Toss his defense in there and like I said, I'm a bit surprised he's not in the top 8 or so.

Turn Off Ads?