Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Off-season transactions

Re: Off-season transactions

From Jamie Ramsey:

Recent #Reds minor league releases include: French, Gerson, O'Rear, Stevens, Wrenn, Mangini, Muller, Samson, Serrano, Wolford.

https://twitter.com/Jamieblog

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    From Jamie Ramsey:

Recent #Reds minor league releases include: French, Gerson, O'Rear, Stevens, Wrenn, Mangini, Muller, Samson, Serrano, Wolford.

https://twitter.com/Jamieblog
    I am surprised to see O'Rear on the list. Didn't he appear in one of the last spring training games? I wonder if he asked for the release or is looking to go overseas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I am surprised to see O'Rear on the list. Didn't he appear in one of the last spring training games? I wonder if he asked for the release or is looking to go overseas, etc.
    I would have been stunned to NOT see O'Rear. He has been terrible whenever he pitched

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Given how he performed here, I doubt any teams from overseas came calling.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Given how he performed here, I doubt any teams from overseas came calling.
    No calls from the Uzbekistan Semi-Pro League?

Obviously I must admit I had not been following the work of Mr. O'Rear that closely. I was surprised because I thought I saw his name in a box score last week but I am probably wrong because I also had it in my head that he was a catcher. Oops

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-03-2013)

Resident PED Expert

Serrano surprises me though. Has had decent #'s throughout. Seemed like a good organizational swing guy who could be a emergency 40 man fill in.

Wolford as well. Career K/9 of 10.0.

Mark Fluery was not unemployed very long. He is playing for the Arkansas Naturals now.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Did anyone ever figure out who the PTBNL was in the Cody Puckett trade?
    Last edited by wastedtime; 07-03-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Wasn't it Juan Silverio? Or did he come over in a different deal?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Wasn't it Juan Silverio? Or did he come over in a different deal?
    Yes, Silverio was signed as a minor league free agent. He couldn't have been the PTBNL

Cody Puckett was actually traded for a PTBNMMML.

Player to be named much much much later.

PTBNL. I don't think it has been six months yet. So, perhaps noone as of yet. Also, there is a chance that Puckett will be moved for the ubiquitous journeyman - Pile O'Cash.

The "player to be named later" (PTBNL) is generally used to postpone a trade's final conditions or terms. This is often done for two reasons. First, the team receiving the PTBNL might not be certain which position they want to fill, so this type of deal gives them more time to figure it out. Second, this type of arrangement gives the team receiving the PTBNL more time to evaluate the available talent on the other team. The deal must close within six months of the conclusion of the rest of the trade.When a PTBNL transaction occurs, the negotiating teams usually agree on a list of five to 10 players that the PTBNL will ultimately be chosen from. If the teams can't agree on who the player will be, then they will agree on a price to be paid instead of a player.

What could they possibly get that would be worth having? It would just be some journeyman suspect to take PT away from the guys we want to develop. The Reds need to cut loose a few guys like that, not add more. Take the cash, even if it's only a few thousand dollars.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    What could they possibly get that would be worth having? It would just be some journeyman suspect to take PT away from the guys we want to develop. The Reds need to cut loose a few guys like that, not add more. Take the cash, even if it's only a few thousand dollars.
    The Reds want them to develop too. But you still need 24 or 25 guys on a roster that can actually play at a given level too. Journeymen serve a purpose at all levels.

Turn Off Ads?