Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Off-season transactions

Re: Off-season transactions

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    PTBNL. I don't think it has been six months yet. So, perhaps noone as of yet. Also, there is a chance that Puckett will be moved for the ubiquitous journeyman - Pile O'Cash.
    Is the PTBNL list iron-clad once the trade is finalized? I assume it would be.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The Reds want them to develop too. But you still need 24 or 25 guys on a roster that can actually play at a given level too. Journeymen serve a purpose at all levels.
    Do you see a need for a Journeyman to take a spot at any level right now?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Do you see a need for a Journeyman to take a spot at any level right now?
    Without looking, absolutely. Someone is bound to be injured in the next two weeks somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    PTBNL. I don't think it has been six months yet. So, perhaps noone as of yet. Also, there is a chance that Puckett will be moved for the ubiquitous journeyman - Pile O'Cash.
    I was wondering what the time limit was. Thanks for that information. I also didn't know cash considerations could be accepted unless it was mentioned in the trade terms. I learn something everyday LOL

What could they possibly get that would be worth having? It would just be some journeyman suspect to take PT away from the guys we want to develop. The Reds need to cut loose a few guys like that, not add more. Take the cash, even if it's only a few thousand dollars.
    I wasn't really expecting much in return. The subject just came up elsewhere. So, I got curious.

Without looking, absolutely. Someone is bound to be injured in the next two weeks somewhere.
    Why not just promote guys? Plenty of guys who at least have a hint of future. I'd use them.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Why not just promote guys? Plenty of guys who at least have a hint of future. I'd use them.
    Because often times there aren't enough guys who are ready for that next level.

Let's look at third base right now in the system. What happens is Travis Mattair goes down? You can't promote Vidal. But even if you could, you can't promote Rahier or Mejias-Brean. Perfect scenario to bring on a journeyman.

Because often times there aren't enough guys who are ready for that next level.

Let's look at third base right now in the system. What happens is Travis Mattair goes down? You can't promote Vidal. But even if you could, you can't promote Rahier or Mejias-Brean. Perfect scenario to bring on a journeyman.
    Promote Wright or Silverio and let Brodie Green play 3B. He needs versatility to have a chance at any value anyway. Otherwise Ray Chang is already on hand. There are already enough vets to fill in. The promotion wouldn't always need to be at the same exact position.

Promote Wright or Silverio and let Brodie Green play 3B. He needs versatility to have a chance at any value anyway. Otherwise Ray Chang is already on hand. There are already enough vets to fill in. The promotion wouldn't always need to be at the same exact position.
    Aren't Brodie Greene and Ray Chang exactly the kind of player you don't want playing though? I mean are either of those guys anything but journeymen at this point? I mean yeah, Brodie Greene was drafted by the Reds and hasn't been around forever, but he is a 25 year old in AA with a career OPS of .614 at the level over parts of three seasons.

If you promote Wright or Silverio, who takes their place? No one in the Dayton infield right now should be promoted.

Aren't Brodie Greene and Ray Chang exactly the kind of player you don't want playing though? I mean are either of those guys anything but journeymen at this point? I mean yeah, Brodie Greene was drafted by the Reds and hasn't been around forever, but he is a 25 year old in AA with a career OPS of .614 at the level over parts of three seasons.

If you promote Wright or Silverio, who takes their place? No one in the Dayton infield right now should be promoted.
    They are. That's the point. We don't need more guys like them as a PTBNL. Right now Silverio, Wright and Perez are splitting two spots. Promoting one wouldn't be the worst thing. At A+, if Vincej isn't ready, then a utility guy like Peterson would be fine to move up as a reserve.

They are. That's the point. We don't need more guys like them as a PTBNL. Right now Silverio, Wright and Perez are splitting two spots. Promoting one wouldn't be the worst thing. At A+, if Vincej isn't ready, then a utility guy like Peterson would be fine to move up as a reserve.
    Vincej is on the DL, so he isn't ready.

But my point is that you always need journeymen type somewhere in the system.

Vincej is on the DL, so he isn't ready.

But my point is that you always need journeymen type somewhere in the system.
    Sure and my point is that they already have more than enough and don't need another as a PTBNL.

Turn Off Ads?