Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season transactions

Re: Off-season transactions

The Reds re-signed Wilkin De La Rosa to a minor league contract. They also signed Lee Hyde and Jose "Jumbo" Diaz to minor league contracts. One thing I love about Diaz is that he might be the only player to weigh over 300 pounds and steal third base.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In ex-Reds organization news, the Angels signed Brandon Hynick and Brendan Harris to minor league contracts.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Reds re-signed Wilkin De La Rosa to a minor league contract. They also signed Lee Hyde and Jose "Jumbo" Diaz to minor league contracts. One thing I love about Diaz is that he might be the only player to weigh over 300 pounds and steal third base.
    I think that came at the end of this past season. They played a lot of their players at random positions, including Diaz, who played in the infield I think and ended up with a stolen bag.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I think that came at the end of this past season. They played a lot of their players at random positions, including Diaz, who played in the infield I think and ended up with a stolen bag.
    Yeah, it was the last game of the season.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ps-negron.html

Reds non-tender and then resign Phipps and Negron. That opens up a couple of spots on the 40-man roster.
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-01-2012 at 09:52 AM.

The Pirates signed former Reds minor league pitcher Philippe Valiquette to a minor league contract according to baseball America. Valiquette came back late last year to play in AA for Milwaukee, and did not pitch well.

-The Insider-

Speaking of Milwaukee, they have signed left-handed pitcher Travis Webb to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Blue Jays Acquire R.A. Dickey
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 17 at 5:30pm CST]
    The Mets have sold high on R.A. Dickey after the 38-year-old knuckleballer's Cy Young season, trading him to the Blue Jays as part of a seven-player deal. Toronto will receive Dickey, Josh Thole and Mike Nickeas in exchange for John Buck and prospects Travis d'Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard and Wuilmer Becerra. As part of the deal, Toronto has also agreed to a three-year extension with Dickey.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#UAfWXAQyAytqbW0e.99

-The Insider-

Reds have re-signed Corky.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Minor Moves: Adam Greenberg, Corky Miller
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 20 at 12:18pm CST]
    The latest minor moves from around MLB...

The Orioles agreed to sign Adam Greenberg to a minor league contract, Steve Melewski of MASNsports.com reports (on Twitter). Greenberg's MLB career nearly ended when he was hit on the head with a pitch seven years ago, but the Marlins signed him this past September and he got an official MLB at bat.
    The Reds re-signed catcher Corky Miller to a minor league deal that includes an invitation to MLB Spring Training, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports (on Twitter). Miller, 36, spent this past season with the Reds' Triple-A team, posting a .235/.386/.354 batting line in 313 plate appearances. He has ten years of MLB experience, but last appeared in the big leagues with the Reds in 2010.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#24l8FhgAftYL3TGD.99

It's great that Corky's back. Having Corcino and Cingrani throwing to him in AAA is a good thing.

The Reds release Mitch Clake and Jose Valdelamar.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Reds release Mitch Clake and Jose Valdelamar.
    Mitch Clarke is kind of a stunner. I'd guess it had to do with off-the-field issues.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Mitch Clarke is kind of a stunner. I'd guess it had to do with off-the-field issues.
    Yeah, two failed drug tests will get you in hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    The Pirates signed former Reds minor league pitcher Philippe Valiquette to a minor league contract according to baseball America. Valiquette came back late last year to play in AA for Milwaukee, and did not pitch well.
    lol! As long as he never goes to the Cards. They sign 'em, and the Valiquettes of the world become Cy Young.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?