Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nyger Morgan

Re: Nyger Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Even on the league minimum? He has to be better than Stubbs.
    As a player alone, yes, but with his attitude, no thanks.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

No...he's a punk

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    No thanks. Just don't like the guy.

Althought Cardinal fans don't either, so there would be some benefit.
    I'm a Cards fan and I wouldn't want the Reds to pick him up.

I honestly never understood the fascination with him. He runs his mouth so much you'd think he was a career 390 hitter and is a productive offensive player...then you look at the stats and think "wait...what?".

My favorite Morgan moments include:

Gaby Sanchez taking his head off.

Missing a fly ball and spiking his glove.

Pujols running him into the centerfield wall...

this was a good read too...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu..._game_2_101111

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    First of all Renteria was not on a minor league deal nor near the league minimum. Second we did not sign Valdez we traded a weak minor league reliever for him. I still feel like he would be an upgrade over Drew Stubbs even with the issues that he has with his personality.
    Point taken, and I should have said "picked up" instead, but my point stands that most of the forum was just glad to be rid of the last scapegoats, and ignored the fact that the guys we were getting were even worse. Just because a guy comes cheap doesn't mean it's all upside; even the bench guys have to see significant play, especially here in the NL.

It's understandable that you want to overlook the personality and can't stand how bad Stubbs is, but looking at the stats, Morgan isn't even a real upgrade. He's a small-baller on the wrong side of 30. His OPS was the same as Stubbs last season, and he had even fewer steals. If the Brewers are fed up enough to outright him and he doesn't want a minor league contract, I don't see a reason why we should pick him up when we're one of the best teams in baseball.

Turn Off Ads?