Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yasmani Grandal suspended 50 games

Re: Yasmani Grandal suspended 50 games

A young guy getting busted for this is much worse in my mind than a veteran. Those who can't prove, cheat?

I'm surprised this is an on-going issue in baseball. What are these guys thinking? Or is it just a minority of guys that actually gets caught?

Either way, I'd say the trade looks better and better every day.

With all that said, I would still be cool with signing MC. He will have a lot to prove, has a history and should come cheaply. A one year deal until BH is ready sounds perfect.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 11-08-2012 at 04:23 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    A young guy getting busted for this is much worse in my mind than a veteran. Those who can't prove, cheat?

I'm surprised this is an on-going issue in baseball. What are these guys thinking? Or is it just a minority of guys that actually gets caught?

Either way, I'd say the trade looks better and better every day.

With all that said, I would still be cool with signing MC. He will have a lot to prove, has a history and should come cheaply. A one year deal until BH is ready sounds perfect.
    There are millions of dollars at stake here. Guys are always going to look for an advantage, within the rules or not. If you believe Victor Conte, only the dumb or reckless ones get caught because the test can be and is regularly beaten

I'm not sure if it's a good sign that the testing is catching so many guys, or a bad sign that so many idiots still try to cheat. Either way, I'm glad he got caught and suspended. There's a lot of guys doing it the right way now...it's good to get the cheaters out.

Below the Mendoza line Larry Largen's Avatar

Since they caught him after the season was over I'd guess he thought he could get away with it and go into spring bulked up. It makes our side of the trade look alot better though. Latos had a strong season in a hitter's park and Edison did fair or below in a pitchers park. Remember what Petco park did for Harrang? Yonder was solid at .273 and 9 hrs but those numbers are kinda weak for a first baseman. Grandal looked really good offensively and Boxberger showed some promise. No matter how you look at it, Latos was a big key to us winning the division, so it was a good trade for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Tre View Post
    must be a California thing. a San Francisco player, an Oakland player, and now a San Diego player. all in a span of a few months
    That's two SF players - people forget about Guillermo Mota this year for the Giants as well.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Is Walt Jocketty ever wrong?

+1

Turn Off Ads?