Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yasmani Grandal Suspended for PED Use

Yasmani Grandal Suspended for PED Use

...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Yasmani Grandal Suspended for PED Use

Whoa!

-The Insider-

Glad we have Mes now????

From an irony POV, I love it.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Glad we have Mes now????
    Might be a wash. One could argue that the Reds effectively put Mes on a ~50-game suspension from the majors at the end of last season.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 11-07-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelng
    /r/reds

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I didn't see this one coming.

But then again, I'm not impressed with Mez either.

So someone explain to me how these keep coming up. I understand one possibility is someone just thinks they might be able to mask things enough to not get caught, so that's one possibility. Other than that, what else can this be?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    So someone explain to me how these keep coming up. I understand one possibility is someone just thinks they might be able to mask things enough to not get caught, so that's one possibility. Other than that, what else can this be?
    Stupidity?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

so someone explain to me how these keep coming up. I understand one possibility is someone just thinks they might be able to mask things enough to not get caught, so that's one possibility. Other than that, what else can this be?
    💰💰💰
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Masking agents and a technology are in a race between those who take and those who test.

Until guys whole careers are threatened with expulsion expect a constant tennis match between those two groups.

Never doubt the power of the dollar as a carrot

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'd guess most users stay ahead of the curve with masking or simply because testing is not frequent and mainly urine-based. They probably get away with it most of the time and only get caught when they are unlucky with timing or the masking agent doesn't work correctly.
    Grandal made it through the minors without getting caught.

Armstrong was never officially "caught", but there is little doubt today that he juiced to the max. And testing in cycling has always been far ahead of baseball's program.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Masking agents and a technology are in a race between those who take and those who test.

Until guys whole careers are threatened with expulsion expect a constant tennis match between those two groups.

Never doubt the power of the dollar as a carrot
    They are just playing the odds, which are in their favor. Grandel probably won't lose much money over this, unless he keeps juicing and gets busted again. This 50 game suspension costs him very little now, and won't have much effect a few years from when he starts making the big bucks, as long as he is productive.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Moron. I'm glad we shipped him instead of Mez.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Walt Jocketty is a genius.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They are just playing the odds, which are in their favor. Grandel probably won't lose much money over this, unless he keeps juicing and gets busted again. This 50 game suspension costs him very little now, and won't have much effect a few years from when he starts making the big bucks, as long as he is productive.
    The cost is likely that he isn't as good as he appeared to be. He may have been on PEDs since college, and the Reds may have even suspected it.

Turn Off Ads?