Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yasmani Grandal Suspended for PED Use

Re: Yasmani Grandal Suspended for PED Use

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    I see what you did there!

Bet he'd be more interested in playing for the Rockies or the Mariners.
    The Reds ought to tell him he can work with Tom Browning as his personal pitching coach.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd have more time for the conspiracy theory if the Reds didn't have a highly touted prospect who played the same position and was a year ahead.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    I'd have more time for the conspiracy theory if the Reds didn't have a highly touted prospect who played the same position and was a year ahead.
    This.

Also, let's not forget Mesoraco is much better defensively. He'll be fine as a hitter eventually. I liked the pop that he showed in limited action in 2012. He's a naturally strong (and tough) young man. I think he'll end up being a 20 HR/year guy when he reaches the peak of his career.

The Reds have Hanigan for probably a few more years, but Mesoraco is certainly the catcher of the future. The next-best prospect at the position in the organization is Tucker Barnhart and he's nowhere near the prospect Mesoraco is/was.

The one gut reaction that I remember from watching Yasmani this year on a few occasions was that he didn't seem to be a likable guy. Not that that means anything at all but it has stuck in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    I'm not sure I believe it either, but it's not really a "conspiracy" to suggest management suspected a player was producing with benefit of synthetic substances.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Jocketty was the GM when the Reds traded Brantley to the Cardinals, he wasn't healthy and the Cards didn't trade with the Reds for the rest of the Bowden era and made it clear why
    hmm..it's no coincidence that Bowden no longer has a job in baseball.
    sorry we're boring

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    hmm..it's no coincidence that Bowden no longer has a job in baseball.
    Bowden sucking while in Cincinnati and then Washington is the biggest reason he's no longer an MLB GM. If he would have consistently put winning teams on the field, his bosses wouldn't have cared about a shady trade or three. Bowden was just a very bad GM, period. He tried to run the team like a fantasy team. He's a complete clown in my book. (And not just because he used to wear leather pants. OK, well, that too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Bowden sucking while in Cincinnati and then Washington is the biggest reason he's no longer an MLB GM. If he would have consistently put winning teams on the field, his bosses wouldn't have cared about a shady trade or three. Bowden was just a very bad GM, period. He tried to run the team like a fantasy team. He's a complete clown in my book. (And not just because he used to wear leather pants. OK, well, that too.)
    It wasn't all Jim Bowden's fault that he couldn't put a winning team on the field in Cincinnati. His hands were tied behind his back by the apathetic, do-nothing Lindner/Allen regime. He had few resources here.

His DC tenure, however, was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    It wasn't all Jim Bowden's fault that he couldn't put a winning team on the field in Cincinnati. His hands were tied behind his back by the apathetic, do-nothing Lindner/Allen regime. He had few resources here.

His DC tenure, however, was pathetic.
    I beg to disagree about Bowden in Cincy. While Uncle Carl and Allen were not great owners/team presidents, they were not the ones fixated on 5 tool players at the expense of everything else needed by the Reds.
    Where we gonna go?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I beg to disagree about Bowden in Cincy. While Uncle Carl and Allen were not great owners/team presidents, they were not the ones fixated on 5 tool players at the expense of everything else needed by the Reds.
    While Bowden's faults have been well documented, I'm not sure Billy Beane could have been successful under the Lindner/Allen regime, especially when high draft picks were punted.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'm not sure I believe it either, but it's not really a "conspiracy" to suggest management suspected a player was producing with benefit of synthetic substances.
    Is it unethical to not pass on your suspision? If I knew I was trading a guy who couldn't hit a curve, I wouldn't feel the need to disclose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Is it unethical to not pass on your suspision? If I knew I was trading a guy who couldn't hit a curve, I wouldn't feel the need to disclose it.
    I don't think it's unethical, personally.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't think it's unethical, personally.
    Neither do I. I don't view it as analogous to withholding injury-related information, such as the Brantley/Young deal.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

If it is nothing but suspicion i.e. a gut feeling, I don't have an issue with it. Now to have evidence and not do anything about it is Bowdenesque.

Turn Off Ads?