Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RA Dickey

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: RA Dickey

Speaking of Dickey, they announced the finalists for the Cy Young award and Cueto wasn't one of them. Here's a nice piece about that snubbing if you're interested.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...eto-was-jobbed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dickey for Mesoraco, Leake, and Stubbs.
    It's risky, but I think this is a trade I would do, getting Thole with Dickey. I really like Dickey.

I think the Reds could extend him because he's a Tennessee guy.

The pitching staff would be ridiculous.

-The Insider-

If the Reds were to acquire another starter, it better be Aroldis Chapman. They don't need anyone else.
    Last edited by cinreds21; 11-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I was joking. Obviously you didn't get that.

Most of the trade proposals you see on Redszone have posters nabbing some superstar and sending our junk in return. Makes me laugh every time.
    Sorry. I've seen so many of these one-sided trade proposals made in earnest that I can't even recognize the joke proposals anymore.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Dickey for Mesoraco, Leake, and Stubbs. I believe the Mets may consider that. Chapman stays at closer, which means Jocketty doesn't need to buy a closer. (Or much of anything in the pen, for that matter.)
    I have no faith in Mesoraco being much than average at best.
    Leake would be the key piece, but we're getting his replacement back in the trade.
    Stubbs needs a new start elsewhere.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
    Depending on how much the Mets value Mesoraco would determine if they'd do that deal. Mez was a key sticking point in potential trades last year, and the Reds weren't willing to deal him.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...s-red-sox.html

The Mets have fielded calls from six or seven teams are looking to meet and discuss a deal for R.A. Dickey, writes Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The Mets and Dickey have been trying to work out a contract extension for two months, but it appears general manager Sandy Alderson has the green light to now to more seriously consider trade alternatives instead. The Mets are expected to seek a catcher and outfield help in any trade.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...mkM7gx3cBGA.99
    Mez, Heisey, Leake?

Pass. Keep our arms, add some bats and let somebody else pay for a 39 year-old.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Pass. Keep our arms, add some bats and let somebody else pay for a 39 year-old.
    LOL. I have to admit, I thought he was in his early 30's. I just looked it up on baseball-reference.com and he's 38. Unreal. I had no clue about that.

Totally makes trading for him, for any club interested, a whole different ballgame.

LOL. I have to admit, I thought he was in his early 30's. I just looked it up on baseball-reference.com and he's 38. Unreal. I had no clue about that.

Totally makes trading for him, for any club interested, a whole different ballgame.
    There are certainly teams in win now mode with deep farms that could use him. The Blue Jays or Rangers make sense. If I was the Mets, I'd be shopping him hard. The Reds need to use their chips in other areas.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    He would allow the Reds to trade off Leake and keep Chapman at closer.
    Why would they want to do that when they just told Chapman to prepare as a starter? Makes no sense.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Why would they want to do that when they just told Chapman to prepare as a starter? Makes no sense.
    LOL.

Actually my post made perfect sense.

First, if the Reds did acquire a Dickey type pitcher, they could leave Chapman as the closer. But my post made clear I thought this would not happen because Dickey would cost too much.

Second, my post was three weeks before Broxton was signed and three weeks before the Reds said Chapman was preparing as a starter. I'm sorry that I was unable to predict events announced three weeks later.

Well, personally, I'd love to see Dickey as a Red and do not see any reason not to try (except for I wonder which catcher can catch him and not get screwed up). A rotation of Queto Arroyo Latos Dickey Chapman? mmm good. Instant batting slump for many visiting batters! We've got the centerfielder (stubbs) but hopefully the rest wouldn't cost too much

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    Well, personally, I'd love to see Dickey as a Red and do not see any reason not to try (except for I wonder which catcher can catch him and not get screwed up). A rotation of Queto Arroyo Latos Dickey Chapman? mmm good. Instant batting slump for many visiting batters! We've got the centerfielder (stubbs) but hopefully the rest wouldn't cost too much
    I hardly think all it would take is Mez and Stubbs. If that is all.........then I'd do it.

I'm not sold on Mez at all............and getting rid of Stubbs can't happen fast enough.

I think it would take Mez, Leake, Stubbs, and probably a minor leaguer. I would not do that for a 38 year old pitcher.

Buyer beware on Dickey. He throws a "fast" knuckleball and isn't Wakefield who can go every couple days. The buzz here is that the Mets are concerned that a loss in velocity would significantly affect his effectiveness, and they don't trust him to throw more than 100 pitches per game. That's why they are hesitant to give him a big money extension and are looking to deal him. I'd take him, but not for a Latos-like deal. No Mez. No Leake. Heisey and a minor league pitcher and/or catcher, max.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Buyer beware on Dickey. He throws a "fast" knuckleball and isn't Wakefield who can go every couple days. The buzz here is that the Mets are concerned that a loss in velocity would significantly affect his effectiveness, and they don't trust him to throw more than 100 pitches per game. That's why they are hesitant to give him a big money extension and are looking to deal him. I'd take him, but not for a Latos-like deal. No Mez. No Leake. Heisey and a minor league pitcher and/or catcher, max.
    Exactly.

Turn Off Ads?