Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Where to sit at Wrigley Field?

Where to sit at Wrigley Field?

We are going to Chicago next week and want to catch a game at Wrigley. We are getting ready to buy tickets for the Monday night game versus the Rockies, but I am not sure where to sit.

I have been told the bleachers are fun, and they are more affordable for five people wanting to sit together.

Any opinions?
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Where to sit at Wrigley Field?

If you sit anywhere near home plate, don't sit too many rows back. A lot of obstructed views in that place if you end up back under the upper deck. The upper deck behind home plate isn't that bad.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

We just found out that online tickets would arrive after we leave. Awesome tickets will meet us at a nearby venue the day of the game if we buy them now. Has anyone had experience with this?
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Stat geek...and proud
    Print at home tickets no go?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Print at home tickets no go?
    Stubhub charge $50 and won't be ready until Sunday, May 12, which is after we leave. Another source is only offering seats in the 200s but prefer around 114.

Stat geek...and proud
    Hmm....I've never bought anything off stubhub that wasn't print at home.

Stat geek...and proud
    Hmm, apparently it's a Wrigley thing. Nothing I just looked at was digital download. That's inconvenient.

Thanks for looking into this, gilpdawg. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have never purchased tickets on-line before.

One option said the tickets would be available for printing after we would be headed to Chicago. We are renting a flat in the suburb of Andersonville that surely will not have a printer.

I am about to try again.

Can't speak to seats, but bring toilet paper to put on the seats, kinda like jail.

Just kidding (sort of), have fun.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Bleacher seats are actually pretty expensive.

My vote, if you don't want to pay for 100 level seats, get 400 level seats. They are upper deck, but better view than 200 level seats. 200 level seats are often obstructed, and you can't see the flight of fly balls as the 400 level overhang usually cuts it off. Never had a bad seat in the 400 section.

If I can tell you one thing, DRESS WARMER than the forecast that you see. There is almost always a chill in Wrigley field, especially at night. I can't really explain it. I've never had a game (besides July day games) where I didn't get at least a bit chilly at some point.

I finally figured it out. I got five tickets in section 228, row 19 for $19-something apiece.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/608...ow-15/seat-14/

Homer, I can see the overhang you mentioned. We did upper deck at Arlington Stadium in the early 1990s, and my wife was scared she would lurch forward and onto people below. I have dragged her to many stadiums since, but I never have been able to get her to agree to upper deck since.

Thanks for the advice on how to dress,
    Last edited by Spitball; 05-06-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Turn Off Ads?