Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Season

Re: 2012-2013 NBA Season

Is anyone else starting to feel like this is Kyrie Irving's world and were just living in it. My goodness. I knew he could shoot, but that was impressive.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

I still can't believe the Lakers suck. I remember when they picked up Howard and Nash, several people were pissed and said they might as well not even play the games this year. I argued that Miami could still compete to the point where it wasn't guaranteed for LAL to win it all. lol Funny how it turns out.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

And in terms of quality of play and its entertainment value, the NBA is enjoying its best run in nearly 20 years.

Take a closer look. You'll find that some of the longstanding arguments against the NBA are outdated.

The game isn't as slow and boring and devoid of various styles of play anymore. The defending champion Miami Heat plays small ball and excels in transition. Even the San Antonio Spurs — the plodding ol' Spurs — score 104.2 points per game. There are big and bruising teams such as the Memphis Grizzlies and Utah Jazz, and there are teams defying gravity such as the Los Angeles Clippers. The game is more wide open than it used to be, and there's no single prototype that everyone copies.

It's still a superstar-driven league, but better overall teams are being built. The franchise players continue to run the NBA, and they've been teaming up to form super teams, but interestingly, the league is far more competitive than the days when Shaq and Kobe reigned. For all the Heat did to put LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh together, they're not miles ahead of the rest of the league like many thought they would be. And there are several teams, the Indiana Pacers and Denver Nuggets included, without a true superstar that are winning with depth.

The biggest change? This crop of stars is far more likable and trustworthy. Don't throw out the breathless and lazy thug label with these guys. James, the league's best player, is a responsible torchbearer who has never been in trouble and who tried in vain to play the villain role after he left Cleveland for Miami. He gave up, returned to being a fun-loving guy, and he's playing the best basketball of his career. Kobe Bryant has rebuilt his image. Kevin Durant is a basketball savant. Wade is a great league spokesman. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving — they're all easy to root for. Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan — like Bryant, they're all future Hall of Famers still chasing one more championship.

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybr..._brewer19.html

Spot-on.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Not Blockbusters, but noteworthy.

The Rockets have traded Marcus Morris to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for a second-round pick, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.
    The Kings have reportedly traded PF Thomas Robinson, G/F Francisco Garcia and F Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets in exchange for Patrick Patterson, Toney Douglas and Cole Aldrich

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    Parsons, Jones, Robinson, Honeycutt and White.

That's quite a collection of young forwards with high ceilings. Letting Scola go looks better by the day.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Not sure I'd be touting White.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Not sure I'd be touting White.
    Yeah, it's 50/50 that he ever plays in the NBA with his fear of flying issue. But there is no denying that he has tremendous potential.

A tweet from Ken Berger at CBS:

The Rockets, flush with assets, are involved at "high level" in Josh Smith talks, league source says.
    Daryl Morey must never sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A tweet from Ken Berger at CBS:

Daryl Morey must never sleep.
    Josh Smith ends up not being traded from Atlanta. A bit of a surprise.

I remember when the NBA trade deadline used to be fun.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Now that the Celtics have traded for Jordan, they have to be considered the favorites to win it all.

I remember when the NBA trade deadline used to be fun.
    The Luxury tax threshold coupled with positioning for this Summer's free agent market limited deals this year, for sure.

Now that the Celtics have traded for Jordan, they have to be considered the favorites to win it all.
    All kidding aside, I cannot believe that J.C was essentially given away. He certainly should have fetched more than an expiring contract and a big man who is of limited use to a contender, much less a team bound for the lottery...again.

One under the radar deal that could pay dividends: Ronnie Brewer to OKC, as Brewer allows OKC to match up better with teams like Miami when they go small.

Also, the Magic received more for J.J Redick than I thought they would. But, IMHO, the Bucks are still most likely a first round casualty, but We'll see.

Here’s a list of all the trades from the past two days:

• The Magic trade J.J. Redick, Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith to the Bucks for Tobias Harris, Beno Udrih and Doron Lamb.

• The Wizards trade Jordan Crawford to Celtics for Leandro Barbosa and Jason Collins.

• The Bobcats trade Hakim Warrick to the Magic for Josh McRoberts.

• The Knicks trade Ronnie Brewer to the Thunder for a 2014 second-round pick and cash considerations.

• The Thunder trade Eric Maynor to the Trail Blazers for the draft rights to Giorgio Printezis and a trade exception.

• The Heat trade Dexter Pittman to the Grizzlies for the rights to Ricky Sanchez and a trade exception.

• The Hawks trade Anthony Morrow to the Mavericks for Dahntay Jones.

• The Suns trade Sebastian Telfair to the Raptors for Hamed Haddadi and a protected second-round pick.

• The Warriors trade Jeremy Tyler to the Hawks for a second-round pick and trade Charles Jenkins to Sixers for a second-round pick.

• The Kings trade Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash considerations.

• The Rockets trade Marcus Morris to the Suns for a 2013 second-round pick.

Another reason for so much inactivity: Pittman to the Grizzlies shifted the balance of power to the point where other GMs figured that it was a lost cause to deal.

Apparently the Pacers are the best team ever. They laid two absolute beatings in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Apparently the Pacers are the best team ever. They laid two absolute beatings in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep it up, boys.

Turn Off Ads?