Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jocketty: Reds could trade a shortstop

Re: Jocketty: Reds could trade a shortstop

HRod could probably serve as a reserve SS, but not sure you'd want him there for an extended stretch. I'd say if they deal Cozart or Didi, they bring in a journeyman and have HRod in L'Ville in case of injury.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Anyone else nervous that going down this road again is just asking for the besbol gods to even the scorecard from the "we'll keep Larkin & deal Stillwell" move?
    No. After Griffey's injuries, the 2000s and the 2010 and 2012 NLDS, I'd say the baseball gods have gotten bored tormenting us. Hopefully they're refocusing their attention on St. Louis.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    No. After Griffey's injuries, the 2000s and the 2010 and 2012 NLDS, I'd say the baseball gods have gotten bored tormenting us. Hopefully they're refocusing their attention on St. Louis.
    You do realize the baseball gods are all actually cardinals right?

I really don't care for Coco Crisp. I realize he would be an upgrade as far as what we had in lead-off this year; but again, career-wise leading off, we're still looking at a .322 OB%.

But could he be our answer as far as a stop-gap goes with Hamilton? Crisp will make $7M in 2013, with a club option for 2014.

Wouldn't Juan Pierre be a cheaper option?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Pierre is a defensive liability in left field, and I think he'd be an even bigger liability in center.

Does this dealing a SS talk possibly mean FO thinks Hamilton can play it? e.g.: Bourn or Span in CF, Hamilton to SS, deal for a LF involving Cozart or Didi?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Does this dealing a SS talk possibly mean FO thinks Hamilton can play it? e.g.: Bourn or Span in CF, Hamilton to SS, deal for a LF involving Cozart or Didi?
    I think it more likely means that they know they can bring in a cheap defensive guy like Valdez or Janish any time they want to back-up the guy they choose to keep.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I don't think so. I think they like either Cozart or Didi long-term at SS. Hamilton will be in CF (or LF if they bring in someone like Bourn).

I wasn't that interested in Bourn before he got a qualifying offer. Now that he has one, my interest level is at zero.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I wasn't that interested in Bourn before he got a qualifying offer. Now that he has one, my interest level is at zero.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?