Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brandon Belt anyone?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Brandon Belt anyone?

MLBTR

The Giants have been getting lots of calls on Brandon Belt, according to Heyman (via Twitter). Belt comes with solid upside and quality defense and is not yet arbitration-eligible.
    Playing LF and batting in the #2 hole (.360 OBP in his first full season, plus a .400+ OBP in the minors)? At least until his power develops. Yes he's a LH batter, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Plus he could spell Votto at 1b on occasion.

Wonder what the WS winners would take in return?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon Belt anyone?

I think he'd be a great target. Given how much they've jerked him around, the Giants simply don't seem to value him that much. He'd be a nice addition in LF given our presume budgetary constraints.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sure I'd be interested, but my guess is the Giants want a lot of offense coming back (and they will obviously continue to be in a win-now mode). Not sure we have the pieces to get it done unless we're going to give up someone like Cozart.

If we're trading Cozart, I'd rather target Justin Upton.

I'd offer Drew Stubbs and a guy like Henry Rodriguez. Maybe throw in Kyle Lotzkar. If they want substantially more or guys closer to the show, I'd pass and look to acquire Upton or sign Ludwick or Hunter.
    Go BLUE!!!

According to Heyman now they won't be trading Brandon Belt.
    Go BLUE!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Plus he could spell Votto at 1b on occasion.
    Me too.

V O T O. Damn! Not ready for the majors yet.

He's not an outfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    He's not an outfielder.
    Yeah my thoughts exactly

Turn Off Ads?