Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jason Bay AND NOT Ludwick

Jason Bay AND NOT Ludwick

I am thinking the Reds should let Ludwick go find a 3 year deal somehwere else...

Go with Jason Bay on a buy low offer to help him reestablish himself... just like Ludwick did... I think you'd get 35 HR 100 RBI out of him if he stays healthy and doesn't have to deal with pressure because Votto and Bruce are in town...

Go with Jason Bay on a 1 year, + option... Maybe 5 Million + Option 7.5

Just Say No To Ludwick... Love the guy but he can fetch 3 years somewhere else and go back to 16-17 homers per year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason Bay AND NOT Ludwick

Just averaging 96 games a year with a line of .234/.318/.369/.687 with the same total HR as Ludwick had just this year over the last 3 years on top of the fact Bay would be 34.5 by opening day would be too scary IMO. Maybe if he took 1 or 2M but couldn't do 5 with a 7.5M option.

I don't think Jason Bay could get $5 million. If they could sign him to a deal similar to what Ludwick got this year, I would be pretty happy about that. I think he could thrive with a change of scenery and a hitter's park, but his health is definitely a risk.

I think Bay is done as an everyday player and probably as a productive player. It's sad to see, but the concussions really impacted him.

Bay sucks..... BAD (in my obama phone voice)

I think it's a huge difference between picking up a guy who was down in production for a change in ballpark and a guy who was down in production for a laundry list of injuries.

We can't expect to take a guy off the scrap heap year after year and get the production we got out of Ludwick. It's not often that this sort of thing happens.

Well, like I said... Let someone else overpay on a 3 year deal for Ludwick. The guy might hit 20-25 HR next year, he might not but in year 2 and year 3 you're looking at paying $8/$9 Million for 15-18 HR production and he's no Gold Glover in Left either... Let the Mariners overpay... Go Young Cincinnati~!

Bay is soooooo bad. Please no. Mets fans were dieing to get him out of New York.

I have no problem letting Luddy walk. I was a huge fan of the signing, but I do not want to overpay for a guy his age. With that being said...there is no possible way that I would want Jason Bay on this team. I would rather overpay for Luddy than even giving Bay a minor league contract and counting on him as an everday player.

Turn Off Ads?