Turn Off Ads?

Thread: CBS Sports: Reds have interest in Bourn

CBS Sports: Reds have interest in Bourn

Danny Knobler reports that the Reds are expected to keep in touch with Boras around Michael Bourn.

http://tinyurl.com/d7dn3uk

2. Turn Off Ads?
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: CBS Sports: Reds have interest in Bourn

They could do better. They could do worse. I think Bourn would be an upgrade over the current LF and CF options.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

If we have the money to pay Bourn I hope we spend it a different way, Bourn messed up his swing bad trying to hit for power and was lost for the last couple months hitting .220/.323/.303/.626 his last 67 games despite posting a .307 BABIP. Coming to a park like ours IMO would put him right back into the same bad habits.

Bourn would be great, but he's asking for a lot of money considering Billy Hamilton might be ready to lead off in 2014. I'd rather the Reds spend the money on a middle of the order bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Bourn would be great, but he's asking for a lot of money considering Billy Hamilton might be ready to lead off in 2014. I'd rather the Reds spend the money on a middle of the order bat.
    AGREE 100%

The Reds need to Trade for like a Justin Upton and stick him in Left, or Clean the cubbard for Evan Longoria because like it or not, the Rays are going to move him... Maybe not this year but definately after 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    They could do better. They could do worse. I think Bourn would be an upgrade over the current LF and CF options.
    IMO, they probably cannot do better when it comes to free agent outfielders this year. Pagan, Hunter, Cabrera, and Bourn are the best outfielders on the market.

[redacted]

I'd much rather give 1-3 years to Cabrera or Pagan than 6 to Bourn

Turn Off Ads?