Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Re: '12-'13 UC Basketball

They played kinda out of control most of the night. Like they were trying to go as fast as possible no matter what.

I love our defense and effort though. We're a fun team to watch.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I didn't watch last night, but listened for a while as I was grocery shopping. I like this team. I don't know how good they can truly be yet, but I like them.

This team has a chance to be very good. Defensively, they can be one of the best. Offensively, they have weapons but need some work. They haven't found themselves quite yet IMO.

They are going to be a very fast paced team, but they are having trouble balancing that fast style of play while playing under control. If the figure out how to balance the speed and intensity with control they will be a very good team.

I also would like to see more movement on the offensive end. They have the tendency to stand around too much at times. It is like they hit a lull after a while. Maybe it is a result of fatigue, but they don't seem tired. I tend to think it is a lack of focus at times. This team is about to hit a much tougher stretch of games after the next one. Time to get everything tightened up.

What kind of an offense is Cronin running this season?

10-0 as they smoke Marshall, albeit without Marshall's leading scorer in the contest.

Props to Mick Cronin for his comments on football and college athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Props to Mick Cronin for his comments on football and college athletes.
    I wonder if he felt the same way when UC left C-USA to join the Big East originally.

I expect the game to be called tight tonight. That isn't great for us since we tend to foul on every possession.

Either way, I think we win by 10.

Was wrong about the refs, they've done a great job so far. It's one of those nights where the 3s aren't falling and our offense looks terrible. We'll have a few of these this year. Defense is keeping us in it, gotta get hot in the 2nd half.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Good win. Just keep that train rolling.

Bearcats came out sluggish against Wright State, trailing 28-22 at the half. Jaquon Parker woke up here in the second half as UC is currently on a 23-6 run.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bearcats came out sluggish against Wright State, trailing 28-22 at the half. Jaquon Parker woke up here in the second half as UC is currently on a 23-6 run.
    Did the same thing against Xavier, and its not a good trend. If they do that against a good team they are going to get buried. You can't disappear for an entire half.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Did the same thing against Xavier, and its not a good trend. If they do that against a good team they are going to get buried. You can't disappear for an entire half.
    A win is a win but you are right.

Nice bounceback by the Bearcats as they win on the road, besting the 24th-ranked Panthers of Pitt by a score of 70-61.

Nice to get some production out of Big Dave down the stretch. Him and Rubles were huge in the second half.

Turn Off Ads?