Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well he showed me. 16-16 from the line tonight
    Could you please say something else bad about his game? I would like to win this tournament. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Could you please say something else bad about his game? I would like to win this tournament. Thanks.
    Haha we will not win this tournament with efforts like tonight. Defensively we were awful!!!

Bearcats win!

Wild game really...that 20 minute segment in the middle was terrible, but the first and last 10 were nice. So many mistakes but I love the hustle, we're such a scrappy team and it's fun to watch.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Haha we will not win this tournament with efforts like tonight. Defensively we were awful!!!

Thank you sir!

Nice read about our fans, or lack thereof. I'll get to a few games this year...hopefully other fans start buying in to these guys as well. We have a good team, I just wish more people cared lol.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...th-third-arena

“This is still a great place to play when it’s packed,” Cronin said. “Huge home-court advantage. Rick Pitino said it was the toughest he’s ever seen last year.
    That's true. He did say that and I know because I was at the game. They need not worry about attendance. Just keep winning

Nice read about our fans, or lack thereof. I'll get to a few games this year...hopefully other fans start buying in to these guys as well. We have a good team, I just wish more people cared lol.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...th-third-arena
    I went to the Campbell game last Tuesday and it was a nightmare getting into and out of Fifth Third Arena. Despite the fact that half of the students were gone for Thanksgiving already and the game only attracted about 5,000 fans, I couldn't find anywhere to park on the street up near Calhoun or south of campus. I finally parked on the street across from Good Sam, then walked up the hill, cut through campus and 20 min. later I was in my seat.

Frankly, most people aren't going to walk through hoops like that. For casual basketball fans who aren't too familiar with Clifton (and I am familiar with it), it can be an awful experience. Throw in the painfully dull atmosphere inside, the terrible views from the upper deck and the awful competition that UC brings in for November/December games and it's a no-brainer why they don't attract more fans.

UC should start exploring a new, modern arena, maybe in conjunction with the city at a downtown location. That would free up land on the crowded UC campus for other uses and it would make it much easier for fans to get to/from games. A lot of the Big East already plays in off-campus pro-style arenas (Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall, Depaul, Marquette, Louisville, Providence, South Florida, etc.)
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 11-27-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They need not worry about attendance. Just keep winning
    Exactly. UC drew very well once they got to the Big East portion of their schedule last season, particularly toward the end to the season. As long as UC keeps winning I think we can expect to see the Shoe packed for the New Mexico game and the Big East slate.

The easiest way for UC to build attendance would be to play a better slate of OOC home games. It's tough to get people excited for the likes of Campbell or Mississippi Valley State, particularly in a big city where there are other things to do. Even a marginal upgrade to a few middle of the road MAC or A10 teams would be a better than watching UC beat down SWAC and MEAC opponents by 20+ points.

CASH!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think that's a little high but we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think that's a little high but we'll see
    You could be right, but it was more a product of those above them tumbling than UC actually rising. Once Big East play starts, you learn real fast what kind of team you've got. The lack of an inside presence worries me.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    You could be right, but it was more a product of those above them tumbling than UC actually rising. Once Big East play starts, you learn real fast what kind of team you've got. The lack of an inside presence worries me.
    That combined with the lack of a stellar 3 pt shooter. The Alabama game showed both of those things and it's not a great combination

Turn Off Ads?