Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Re: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Why is it hard for the Bearcats to recruit players that can shoot and score consistently. I mean I don't expect them to get players like Kentucky and Duke all the time...but at least once in a while...not once every maybe 10 years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Why is it hard for the Bearcats to recruit players that can shoot and score consistently. I mean I don't expect them to get players like Kentucky and Duke all the time...but at least once in a while...not once every maybe 10 years.
    I agree. I think it's their lack of scorers that's hurting them; not the lack of big men

Wow SK put the team on his back tonight...what a game.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

What an exciting game! As you mentioned, SK was something else. The Bearcats were also a +6 in hustle stats -- rebounds, steals, blocks, an encouraging sign, for sure.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Big Warrior fan here. Great game. Tough loss. I'm going to miss playing you guys. Maybe we'll meet one more time at the Garden.

Ring out Ahoya!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Heck of a game by SK last night. If he and Cash can get on a roll at the same time in March, this team could do some real damage.

Awful, just awful coaching job by Mick Sat night. Marquette put a "box in one" on SK and Mick basically had him stand on the wing and not move for the better part of 8 minutes in the second half. That strategy would have made sense had Cash been in the game and UC had a creator playing 4 on 4. Mick didn't draw up any ball screens to get SK the ball. He didn't have SK move, he did exactly what Marquette wanted, make someone besides SK and Wright beat you.

Big game this afternoon. No idea what Cash's status is but hopefully he can go.

Edit: Cash is starting
    Last edited by Stray; 01-21-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Ugly game although most of ours are. For as bad as we are on offense I honestly have no idea how we're winning at the mo.

Ugh that's a game we should have won. Still amazes me how ugly we can make games...

If Cash was right we would have had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Ugh that's a game we should have won. Still amazes me how ugly we can make games...

If Cash was right we would have had it.
    That was a very tough loss. The first 15 minutes of the second half were as good as they've looked all year offensively, but I felt they got too tentative once they entered the stretch and went back to relying on jumpers.

After looking at Cash's line, there's no doubt they win that game if he's anywhere near himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Wow SK put the team on his back tonight...what a game.
    He scored 36 points...could you just imagine how many he would have scored if he could make his shots.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    He scored 36 points...could you just imagine how many he would have scored if he could make his shots.
    Considering he's forced to take and make tough shots on this team, 11-23 and 9-10 at the line is a really really really good game.

I will take that every game please.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That was a very tough loss. The first 15 minutes of the second half were as good as they've looked all year offensively, but I felt they got too tentative once they entered the stretch and went back to relying on jumpers.

After looking at Cash's line, there's no doubt they win that game if he's anywhere near himself.
    Yep. When we had that good stretch Rubles was getting the ball at the foul line and just making plays for everyone. Looked like he started thinking too much once it got down to crunch time.

We've perfected the fine art of winning ugly.

Turn Off Ads?