Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Re: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    After seeing those do we really want to see them make the post season???
    They are going to wear them in the postseason including the Big East tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm all for being creative with uniforms if it's done right (i.e. Oregon football) but these uniforms are god awful. I miss the early 2000s Jordan unis more and more after each new Adidas offering.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    It's the same "red" as Louisville except a lot less. Personally I think Notre Dame's uni's are the worst.
    I vote Kansas as the worst, especially compared to the regular unis which I think are pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

A win is a win

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I thought UC's post season uni's were great last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I vote Kansas as the worst, especially compared to the regular unis which I think are pretty cool.
    Definately. Also, UCLA's are pretty bad. For schools like Louisville and Cincinnati, that often change their uniforms I think this is fine. I don't understand why Kansas and UCLA agreed to this. They have recognizable and well-regarded uniforms and those blue shorts are disgraceful.

My opinion is probably a little skewed on this given the success Louisville had with the special uniforms last year. Also, I'm grateful that, of the group, UofL's are the least hideous.

I'd forgotten how hideous UC's current uniforms are. These aren't much worse. And I agree with a previous poster, the Jordan uniforms were great.

KU didn't really agree. They're only gonna wear theirs once. Probably in a weekday afternoon Big XII Tournament QF that no one will see.

All is right in Mick's world tonight. Bearcats got their 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    All is right in Mick's world tonight. Bearcats got their 50 points.
    His system deserves some blame no doubt, but we also have a bunch of guys that just cannot put the ball in the basket lol. Tho I guess he recruited them so...

He needs to recruit better scorers. I have no doubt he can teach anyone to play D. We are one of the worst shooting teams that happens to also be semi decent. It's frustrating.

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-05-2013)

They are painful to watch. They have difficulty putting the ball in the basket, but Mick's system makes it even worse. Mick's system does not create shots but relies on players to create their own. The problem is that SK is the only guy that can do that. Titus Rubles has some talent, but he's completely misused by Mick. In another system that plays to his strengths, he would be a very effective player.

And the offensive ineptitude of the bigs is on Mick. Those guys are athletic. They may not have the ability to be great on offense, but guys that have that kind of length and athleticism should at least be decent on offense. Mick has not developed anybody during his time there. Yancy Gates was the same player when he graduated as he was when he got there. UC can have a decent program while Mick is there because he has proven that he can recruit solid talent. But Mick will not turn them into a great program because he hasn't proven that he can develop the talent.

The bad news is the Bearcats trails South Florida at halftime. The good news is they scored 23 points, which puts them right about on pace to get their 50. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The bad news is the Bearcats trails South Florida at halftime. The good news is they scored 23 points, which puts them right about on pace to get their 50. Incredible.
    51 secs left down 47-46, I'll gladly take our 50 point goal lol.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

A win is a win.... but yeah, this team needs to figure out how to get the ball inside of the arc. They literally don't even seem to be trying to do anything but shoot threes for long stretches of time.

If this is how the team is going to play in New York, they should pack lightly.

Turn Off Ads?