Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Re: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    A win is a win.... but yeah, this team needs to figure out how to get the ball inside of the arc. They literally don't even seem to be trying to do anything but shoot threes for long stretches of time.
    I was at the game on Saturday so I missed the commentary by the experts but was that injury timeout with 18 secs left the correct call since we had the ball? I noticed that we had NFL referee Gene Steratore as the head official so I'm sure he had no problem handling Mick's complaint. Remember Gene? He did the Thurs night NFL game right after the Seattle/GB debacle and the end of the lockout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

He must make a great living officiating NFL and NCAA basketball games. I think he's an excellent official in both sports. Very cool, calm and classy guy

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I was at the game on Saturday so I missed the commentary by the experts but was that injury timeout with 18 secs left the correct call since we had the ball? I noticed that we had NFL referee Gene Steratore as the head official so I'm sure he had no problem handling Mick's complaint. Remember Gene? He did the Thurs night NFL game right after the Seattle/GB debacle and the end of the lockout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

He must make a great living officiating NFL and NCAA basketball games. I think he's an excellent official in both sports. Very cool, calm and classy guy
    With the ball being 25 feet away from the basket when he went down, it was probably the right call.

Bearcats play Providence at 1200 EST on Wednesday. The game will be on ESPN. Their reward, if they should advance, is a butt-kicking at the feet of Georgetown.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bearcats play Providence at 1200 EST on Wednesday. The game will be on ESPN. Their reward, if they should advance, is a butt-kicking at the feet of Georgetown.
    Fine. Let's grab a win vs Providence and then kick back and see where 22 wins get us

Call me crazy but I think we'd beat Georgetown if we get there. Mick's teams give the Hoyas problems.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Call me crazy but I think we'd beat Georgetown if we get there. Mick's teams give the Hoyas problems.
    With the way this team plays offense, I don't see that happening.

In the dance, they could be hurt to. They play great defense, but typically the refs won't allow them to get away with as much as a Big East officiating crew will.

If there is a good team in the BE that THIS UC team could beat, it is Georgetown, who often struggles to score in their own right.

Nice to see we're sporting the camo and hot pink today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Nice to see we're sporting the camo and hot pink today.
    Don't post things like that. Somewhere, someone responsible for these things is browsing the internet looking for someone to say a good thing about them.

61-44 win. Tough defense as always. That should get the team into the Dance.

I thought we played ok today. Only thing that stuck out to me was at one point in the game we threw it in the post to Mbodj, he made what looked like a post move, and then he hit some weird awkward looking bank shot. I watch a lotta UC basketball and I was impressed.

Oh and since I already said I wouldn't be surprised I'll go ahead and call a win over Gtown. They are another defensive team that doesn't score a lot. They got us earlier this year but before that we were filling out tournament resumes with Gtown wins.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't post things like that. Somewhere, someone responsible for these things is browsing the internet looking for someone to say a good thing about them.
    Haha I doubt Adidas is paying much attention. As ugly as they are we at least seem to play ok with them lol.

Mbodj did play a solid game. 8 points, 7 rebounds and 6 blocked shots.

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-14-2013)

Back to not even trying to take a shot from within 20 feet.

I've never seen a team hold the ball and move so little against a zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I've never seen a team hold the ball and move so little against a zone...
    But apparently it's working all of a sudden

Turn Off Ads?