Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Re: '12-'13 UC Basketball

Our best offense is when we just say screw it and make plays and take shots. Trying to run a guy in the middle or feed the post against their zone, with the contact the officials allow, ain't gonna work.

Go back to last year's kinda play and just let it fly. We may lose by 25 but ya never know.

Great run to make a game of it. Gotta think our guys are feeling good about things in the locker room.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

These refs are killing me.

When we throw it to the post more often than not bad things happen. Just let it fly and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    These refs are killing me.
    It kills me how you can grab, reach and almost tackle a guy and it's fair play, but as soon as you get in the lane and sneeze someone tips over and it's a charge.

Lets see what kinda seed we get. We aren't gonna win against anyone of SK has a game this bad.

43 points...

I finally jumped on the Mick bandwagon last year. I think I might be off again. Same pitiful stuff we've seen since December.

I still don't think it is a given that UC is in the dance.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I still don't think it is a given that UC is in the dance.
    Its not really that close IMO. UC will be in the tournament. I'd bet the ranch on it. They were on the verge of becoming a questionable bubble team down the stretch, but they won the games they needed to win to stay firmly in the field.

I would criticize Mick's offense, if he had one. Pitiful. Just pitiful. Stray is right. Just grab the ball and go. First one that sees the rim takes the shot. Everyone crash the boards. Win ugly.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-14-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I would criticize Mick's offense, if he had one. Pitiful. Just pitiful. Stray is right. Just grab the ball and go. First one that sees the rim takes the shot.
    If they could play offense half as well as they play defense, they would have 5 losses this season, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If they could play offense half as well as they play defense, they would have 5 losses this season, tops.
    Mick never has focused on offense. The offense this season has been awful. It doesn't help that they don't have a post player but the ball movement is terrible, the movement away from the ball is terrible, its just a poor coaching job on Mick's behalf.

Pretty weak bubble honestly. Most of the teams in the discussion have lost. I don't know if we're better than them, but I think playing in a tougher league will get us comfortably in.

The Catch 22 with us making it in the tournament is that I believe we'll score much better outside of the Big East, closer to like the Oregon game earlier this year, but we won't be able to defend the way we do in the Big East. Depending on the draw I think we can win a game or two.

And I will say it again, when we try to run offense it's terrible. We ran great plays that led to guys 3 feet from the hoop fumbling it, throwing it away, missing layups, or just stopping and looking around before throwing it back out. We have a problem where the only guys on the floor capable of creating shots for other people are the only ones who are capable of making the shots. Our best offense is to chuck it and crash the boards . Put backs, fast breaks and 3s are how we'll win, not pick and rolls and post ups.

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-16-2013)

We drew Creighton in the 7 vs 10 on Friday. I like it because we will be able to score on them.

If we can find a way to pull the upset we'd likely get Duke in the round of 32. Ouch.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    We drew Creighton in the 7 vs 10 on Friday. I like it because we will be able to score on them.

If we can find a way to pull the upset we'd likely get Duke in the round of 32. Ouch.
    I hope the Bearcats can score on Creighton, but I'm not counting on it. UC hasn't proven to me that they could score in an empty gym. That being said, Creighton hasn't seen a defense like UC will put on them. This is one of the most intriguing matchups of the first round IMHO.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Anybody got a miracle lying around that they aren't using?

Turn Off Ads?