Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie of the Year

Rookie of the Year

Is supposed to be announced today! Hope Todd gets it!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rookie of the Year

Harper takes the ROY by 7 points over Wade Miley 112-105 while Frazier was 60 points behind Miley with 45 points. Others getting votes were Wilin Rosario 12, Norichika Aoki 11 and Yonder Alonzo, Matt Carpenter, and Jordan Pachecho getting one point each.

Here is the full voting...
    http://bbwaa.com/12-nl-roy/
    Last edited by HometownHero; 11-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Well, Joey lost ROY to Soto, and who's the better player NOW? It'll be the same with Frazier. Positive thinking.

Embarassing. That is the one word I can say that describes the choice of MLB to make Harper the ROY over Frazier. I would have been fine if it was Miley, but Harper is unnaceptable.

Frazier lost it in September

R 6 vs 26
    H 13 vs 35
    2B 3 vs 7
    HR 1 vs 3
    RBI 5 VS 14
    AVG .181 VS .330
    OPS .505 VS 1.049

After seeing the late season stats, it seems I was wrong. Congratulations to Harper.

Harper was the right pick IMO, I Had it the way they finished. If Harper wasn't 19 all year and breaking teenage records Miley would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Harper was the right pick IMO, I Had it the way they finished. If Harper wasn't 19 all year and breaking teenage records Miley would have won.
    He's good, not doubt about it. I just hate his arrogant attitude. Showboating is to to be expected, but bratty stuff like blowing kisses at pitchers? No. Grow up.

Frazier fell off a cliff in late august and through september hitting wise and that crushed him

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    He's good, not doubt about it. I just hate his arrogant attitude. Showboating is to to be expected, but bratty stuff like blowing kisses at pitchers? No. Grow up.
    I'm huge B. Harper fan and love watching him play the game. I feel like he handled himself pretty well in The Show this year. Especially that laugable wanna be tough guy episode with Cole Hamels.

At first glance I didn't care for the Kiss Blowing either but we don't know what happened before that. Maybe there was an exchange between the two that warranted the kiss? Regardless, that was before he was called up anyway.

I think the ROY choice was the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    That was before he got called up. I watched several Nationals games in all honesty looking for him to do something so that I could not like him for it. He didn't give me any reason this year. Could he turn into someone like you mentioned above? I think that is very possible, but as for this year I didn't see anything where he wasn't playing the game the "right way".

I really wanted Todd to win it, but he would have had to blow Harper's numbers completely out of the water to have any chance what so ever, and he didn't. Doesn't take away from the fact that it was a great year by Todd!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    And Frazier never had any WTF moments either this year. Frazier had a great rookie year, but so did Harper and Miley. I don't have a problem with the final order for ROY. This won't decide if Frazier has a great career or a bad one....that will be up to him. I know he will work hard at it and hope he gets an everyday chance at 3rd next year!!!

Don't be such a homer KY RedLeg. It's not like Frazier didn't make any errors this season. I'm a Reds fan but fair is fair.

ETA: Thank you Dub. You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Frazier lost it in September

R 6 vs 26
    H 13 vs 35
    2B 3 vs 7
    HR 1 vs 3
    RBI 5 VS 14
    AVG .181 VS .330
    OPS .505 VS 1.049
    I agree with ya, but dont believe it at the same time. I personally think they had almost engraved the trophy for Harper the day he was called up-was too much hype behind him and they had to vote him on that. I think the award Frazier got last week being voted by the players was the true story-from those who play and actually know the game.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?