Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie of the Year

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I agree with ya, but dont believe it at the same time. I personally think they had almost engraved the trophy for Harper the day he was called up-was too much hype behind him and they had to vote him on that. I think the award Frazier got last week being voted by the players was the true story-from those who play and actually know the game.
    Yeah, I think that all Harper had to do was have a decent year and he woulda got it. I do think that he earned it tho. He started off really good, slumped in the middle, and then finished strong. If Frazier woulda finished strong it woulda been hard not to give it to him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yup^. I think it was Harpers to lose from day one on hype, and he did perform overall, think Frazier gave it a hell of a run though.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Don't be such a homer KY RedLeg. It's not like Frazier didn't make any errors this season. I'm a Reds fan but fair is fair.

ETA: Thank you Dub. You beat me to it.
    I wouldn't have had any problem with a final of Miley-Harper-Frazier.

I see Harper, and I see an entitled little punk with the ESPN hype machine behind him. The same one that takes a bat to a GABP wall when things don't go his way (and the wall promptly takes the bat to him). His entire demeanor is quickly making him a player I love to hate; rooting against him is a game-within-a-game.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Yup^. I think it was Harpers to lose from day one on hype, and he did perform overall, think Frazier gave it a hell of a run though.
    Yes he did...September killed I think. I think going forward he should get a chance to be the everyday 3rd baseman.

I think Dusty killed Fraziers chances the day Rolen came back then Joey came back and he was benched bound. Then Frazier was pressing to prove himself again which he didnt need to do. He was awesome while he was playing everyday. Hopefully 3rd will be his position unless the Reds trade/sign a bat to play 3rd and Frazier goes to LF

I obviously wanted Frazier to take it, and for awhile this season it looked like he would.

But Harper deserves it more. Not because of hype and not because of personality. He was just better this year.

Better slash line, more HR and SB, higher WAR, better defense at more premium positions. He was better than Frazier was this year.

Really, I think Miley should have beat them both.

Turn Off Ads?