Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    What a great coaching job my Matta the last half of the season. Yet another B10 tournament final for Bucks.
    It might be his best coaching job at OSU. This team has some serious limitations on offense and no post threat to speak of and yet it keeps winning.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Congrats fellas.......job well done!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Congrats fellas.......job well done!!!!!
    Now how am I supposed to make comments like "The more traditional Buckeyes cut down the nets after a win for a championship" without some regret?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Now how am I supposed to make comments like "The more traditional Buckeyes cut down the nets after a win for a championship" without some regret?
    LOL...I hear ya. Good luck the rest of the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well you just did and you seem ok. I'm just glad Wisconsin didn't win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It might be his best coaching job at OSU. This team has some serious limitations on offense and no post threat to speak of and yet it keeps winning.
    The way OSU played in the B1G tournament was more of what I expected throughout the season. Ross stepped up big time and Thompson was an offensive force as well. I expected OSU to have difficulty scoring at times this season but not as bad as it got at times.

I think OSU is a dangerous, dangerous team right now. Especially if they get guys like Ross and Thompson to step up. If they can find 10-15 points somewhere unexpected that makes them very tough to beat. Over the past 8 games they are 8-0 with wins over IU, MSUx2, Illinois, and Wisconsin. That is about as impressive stretch as you will see.

Of the top tourney teams, I'm not sure there is one out there playing better D right now than the Buckeyes. That's what makes it very plausible that they can keep this run up. However, as they've shown this year, when the D has an off night, its blow out city. That was the story in both the embarrassing road losses to Wisconsin and Illinois. However, the blowout in Wisconsin preceded their current stellar play. Wake up call?

But their offense is still hard to watch. Glad to see Sam Thompson becoming an outside threat. If he continues to improve his jumper, the sky's the limit with his athletic ability. It's been fun to watch them develop, although I still think they'll have trouble winning their 2nd round game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

The one thing that really stands out to me about Ohio St. VS the rest of the "upper tier" teams is the fact they have a guy that is an offensive machine. Thomas can flat out score from anywhere, down on the block with his back to the basket or 5 foot behind the 3-point line with a hand in his face. One word says it all........STUD. They are a force to be reckoned with right now and they are gonna be facing non-B1G teams. He is a match-up problem from hell.

Buckeyes have as clear a path to the Final Four as you could ask for. Now time to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Buckeyes have as clear a path to the Final Four as you could ask for. Now time to execute.
    It is there for the taking. FWIW......I had them penciled in.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    They had one a couple of years ago when a good Evan Turner's team lost to Tennessee. Iowa State scares me and Arizona does as well. But having Wisconsin, Gonzaga and Pitt gone sure make things easier if they can make it to the elite 8.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

What a shot! Congrats, gents. Hopefully IU can join you guys in the Sweet 16.

B1G 9-1 in the tourney ... wisconsin...

Great shot indeed so happy I got to see that one in person!

I was right behind the basket on the OSU bench side for the game winner. Row J ... it was amazing. Simply put: Go Bucks!

And no one knows how to put on a better tournament than the University of Dayton. I was watching the Ole Miss game tonight from Kansas City and the entire upper deck was empty. Not a problem here. ... Not a single empty seat at legendary UD Arena. I talked to Iowa State fans and a couple of IU fans today and everyone was raving about the arena and their weekend here. Frankly, Dayton destroys this tourney and does things first class. Well done!

Go Bucks! Go Flyers! And Go Reds!
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 03-25-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Well KC did have a bit of a blizzard. That might have had something to do with some empty seats. Plus, The Sprint Center in KC holds around 19,000 and the UD arena is like 13,000-14,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?