Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103

Thread: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

  1. #16
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    You may not want to hear this, but that is exactly the type of game where OSU needed a William Buford-type. They didn't have anyone who could break down Kansas defense and they don't have enough shooters to be really scary.
    Sure, they need probably at least two more shooters, but I don't even know if they one in house. I sure don't know who it would be. Craft can practice his shot 12 hours a day and it won't matter, he's just not a pure shooter. Thompson has a little better shot than Scott, but that's faint praise. It is one of those frustrating things to see, and Matta had two years to recruit Diebler's and Buford's replacement. That's disappointing, and I love Matta.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    I just dont know fellas. I had the Bucks picked to finish third in a very competitive B1G. After watching them a few times, I am starting to think 5-6. They definitely need to find their shooting stroke or change their offensive approach.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. #18
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Sure, they need probably at least two more shooters, but I don't even know if they one in house. I sure don't know who it would be. Craft can practice his shot 12 hours a day and it won't matter, he's just not a pure shooter. Thompson has a little better shot than Scott, but that's faint praise. It is one of those frustrating things to see, and Matta had two years to recruit Diebler's and Buford's replacement. That's disappointing, and I love Matta.
    Well, he probably thought Ross would be further along than he is. Ross has the talent to be great, but he hasn't put it together yet.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  5. #19
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,173

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    I am surprised at the reaction after the loss to Kansas. They have lost two games, one in which the should have won @ Duke to the now ranked #1 team and then to a top 5 Kansas.

    OSU has their issues, issues that most teams in college basketball would be ok with. They need to find another scorer. I am shocked that no one has really stepped up. Craft has been inconsistent, Smith Jr. has been inconsistent, Scott and Thompson haven't taken the necessary steps on offense, and they don't have an offensive big man. Ross is an enigma, he has all the skills on offense but is very good on defense. The thing with Thad is he doesn't have a problem playing Smith Jr. when his shooting is awful (and has yet to meet a shot he doesn't like) because of his defense, but doesn't play Ross because he isn't a good defender. IMO OSU needs more help offensively than they do defensively.

    I think this team will get better as the season goes along. IU and Michigan may be better teams but I wouldn't be shocked if OSU beat them. They looked bad against Kansas because their shots weren't falling. If/when they start falling this is an entirely different team.

  6. #20
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am surprised at the reaction after the loss to Kansas. They have lost two games, one in which the should have won @ Duke to the now ranked #1 team and then to a top 5 Kansas.

    OSU has their issues, issues that most teams in college basketball would be ok with. They need to find another scorer. I am shocked that no one has really stepped up. Craft has been inconsistent, Smith Jr. has been inconsistent, Scott and Thompson haven't taken the necessary steps on offense, and they don't have an offensive big man. Ross is an enigma, he has all the skills on offense but is very good on defense. The thing with Thad is he doesn't have a problem playing Smith Jr. when his shooting is awful (and has yet to meet a shot he doesn't like) because of his defense, but doesn't play Ross because he isn't a good defender. IMO OSU needs more help offensively than they do defensively.

    I think this team will get better as the season goes along. IU and Michigan may be better teams but I wouldn't be shocked if OSU beat them. They looked bad against Kansas because their shots weren't falling. If/when they start falling this is an entirely different team.
    Their shots weren't falling because Self forced them to shoot jump shots knowing that the odds were in his favor with this squad. Its an achilles heel and they really don't have any answers right now. They'll need to beat the 2nd division teams on the road and win a couple of games at home against the top tier teams to get a top 4 seed. I just don't think that they will be able to cobble together enough offense from players not named Thomas in the big games to be able to make good defensive teams play them honest. They will double and triple Thomas until someone else proves to be a threat. Who will that be? He's not on their roster from what I've seen.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  7. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    189

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Big win today against Michigan. Michigan is a good team. Ohio States defense was outstanding.

  8. #22
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    Big win today against Michigan. Michigan is a good team. Ohio States defense was outstanding.
    Yes on all accounts.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  9. #23
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    I only got to see the highlights of this one, but the last two wins have both revolved around Craft being that other scorer that I've kept on asking if there was anyone in house that could be that person. I am taking a guess that Chris Jent has either gotten the adjustment he was working on to be effective for Craft or he has scrapped the adjustment for now. Regardless, if Craft can be a consistent threat as in the last two, then this team is once again a top 10 team and threat to finish high in the Big 10. We'll see.

    Expect to see a lot of zone, though, until they shoot through it.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  10. #24
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Buckeyes play Michigan on Tuesday.

    Date: Feb. 5, 2013
    Location: Ann Arbor, Mich.
    Time: 9:00 p.m. ET

    Coverage
    TV: ESPN
    Radio: 97.1 FM
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

  11. #25
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    This was a wonderful game. Ohio State played as well as I've seen them play this year and it took a barrage of threes from Hardaway to keep UM close enough to steal away this game. The Buckeyes seem to be getting better on the offensive end, much more balanced than it appeared they would be when the Big 10 season started. Their defense is as good as anyone in the country.

    Having seen Michigan play a couple of times recently, I'd have to say that March Madness is going to be full of upsets this year if that is a top 5 team. There seems to be a lot of balance throughout the land this year.
    Last edited by traderumor; 02-06-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  12. #26
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,173

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    This was a wonderful game. Ohio State played as well as I've seen them play this year and it took a barrage of threes from Hardaway to keep UM close enough to steal away this game. The Buckeyes seem to be getting better on the offensive end, much more balanced than it appeared they would be when the Big 10 season started. Their defense is as good as anyone in the country.

    Having seen Michigan play a couple of times recently, I'd have to say that March Madness is going to be full of upsets this year if that is a top 5 team. There seems to be a lot of balance throughout the land this year.
    Things are looking up for OSU. IMO if that game is at the Schott or a neutral site OSU wins. UM took advantage of the home court advantage and Hardaway Jr. going 6-6 from three in the 2nd half. That doesn't happen often, much less when the 3's are contested.

    The most impressive thing from last night had to be Williams and Ross on offense. Ross looked like a completely different player last night than he has through the season. He played passable D and was a beast on the offensive boards. If he plays like that OSU has to be a Final 4 contender.

  13. Likes:

    traderumor (02-06-2013)

  14. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    189

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    I really like where this team is heading I think they are starting to figure things out.

  15. #28
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    I really like where this team is heading I think they are starting to figure things out.
    Maybe they will be one of those teams that gets hot at tourney time. I was most impressed that they played so well in a game against a legit top 5 team on their home floor without a big game from Thomas. Despite the loss, that is what was most impressive. They should be able to get a top 5 finish in the conference and get a 3 or 4 seed.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  16. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    189

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    Wow what a win I have never seen Craft play with this much confidence before. Him and Scott were terrific they will create problems in the tournament.

  17. #30
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Ohio State Basketball 2012-2013

    They looked fabulous. The thing that impressed me the most was their defensive play.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25