I saw on MLBTR this morning that the Rangers tried to flip Mike Olt to the Braves for Andrelton Simmons in order to swing a deal with Arizona for Justin Upton without having to give up Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar. Maybe the Reds could swoop in and help to facilitate a deal? I'm envisioning something like this:

Rangers get:
Justin Upton

Reds get:
Mike Olt
Gerardo Parra

Diamondbacks get:
Zach Cozart
Mike Leake
Drew Stubbs
2-3 good prospects from Texas

I think this seems pretty fair. Texas gets their man in Upton without having to give up either of their prized young shortstops. Arizona gets a solid, young SS with some pop and an average pitcher who can eat innings and solidify the back end of the rotation. They also restock their farm with a bevy of young Texas prospects. Cincinnati gets a great 3B prospect who dominated AA last year and knows how to take a walk. The Reds also get Parra who is more than capable of manning CF until Hamilton is ready. Once Billy comes up, Parra can slide over into LF if one of Frazier and Olt is struggling, or he can move to the bench and play all over the OF to ensure that everyone stays rested.

Let me know what you guys think. I know there's an argument to be made for just bypassing the 3 team deal and going all in to get Upton. I wouldn't hate the idea, but I think the system is pretty depleted of position player prospects and would be very weak after another "all in" type trade. This deal would leave the Reds in a better position to address a need or two at the deadline as well.