Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Your Offseason Plan in 3 Moves or Less

Re: Your Offseason Plan in 3 Moves or Less

Realistic as possible. Would not be against dealing Phillips and especially Bailey but no clue what the return would be so some smaller more possible moves.

1. Get Jordan Schaffer from Braves. Perhaps they would like Hanigan with Mccann leaving. Had 4th highest walk pct among CF last season against RHB. Platoon with Bourgeois in CF who gets on base against lefties. That seems to be cheapest option of getting you close to Choo's on base skills. Doesn't work give Hamilton a shot later.

2. Sign Pierzynksi to split time with Mesoraco. Gives a lefty catching option and lots of experience to counter Mesoraco.

3. Start Chapman and see where it goes.

Lineup

1. Schafer/Bourgeois
    2. Frazier
    3. Votto
    4. Bruce
    5. Ludwick/Paul platoon
    6. Phillips
    7. Mesoraco/Pierzynski
    8. Cozart

2. Turn Off Ads?

1. Sign Choo and Handy Manny
    2. Trade Bailey to Angels for Trumbo and Taylor Lindsey.
    3. Trade BP to Yankees for 2 good prospects, move Hamilton to 2B

Lineup:
    Choo
    Hamilton
    Votto
    Trumbo
    Bruce
    Mez
    Frazier
    Cozart

Ludwick is an important bat off the bench.

Rotation: Latos, Cueto, Chapman, Leake, Cingrani
    Pen: Marshall, Broxton, Lecure, Hoover, Simon, Parra, Ondrusek

The Rangers have just extended Martin Perez for 4 years with a lot of options. How does that affect trading starting pitching to the Rangers?

There has been too much talk and smoke about BP being traded for it not to happen. My problem is I just don't really see where to. It will have to be a big market team willing to pony up for BP as well as a team who is close to contention. Cano is obviously the big fish who I think goes to either LA or NYY. That pretty much dwindles it down to either one of those who don't get Cano, the Mets, Giants, and maybe a team like Seattle, Washington, or Toronto. That said I think he gets traded for salary relief and maybe a nice prospect. So my off season would be:

1) Trade Phillips
    2) Sign Choo 4 years/$60M
    3) Sign Infante 3 years/$15M

I don't have a problem paying a guy like Choo as he gets older because he can move to LF and I don't see much of an erosion of his OBP as he gets older. Infante gives the Reds a little bit of flexibility, something they have sorely missed over the past few years. I will miss Phillips, but I just don't see a way he returns to the Reds. I think that as the season draws along Hamilton will be your starting CF and Ludwick will see his playing time diminish with Choo moving to LF.

I roll the dice with the current pitching. I would like to see Bailey extended bit at some point you have to pick and chose your battles.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    There has been too much talk and smoke about BP being traded for it not to happen. My problem is I just don't really see where to. It will have to be a big market team willing to pony up for BP as well as a team who is close to contention. Cano is obviously the big fish who I think goes to either LA or NYY. That pretty much dwindles it down to either one of those who don't get Cano, the Mets, Giants, and maybe a team like Seattle, Washington, or Toronto. That said I think he gets traded for salary relief and maybe a nice prospect. So my off season would be:

1) Trade Phillips
    2) Sign Choo 4 years/$60M
    3) Sign Infante 3 years/$15M

I don't have a problem paying a guy like Choo as he gets older because he can move to LF and I don't see much of an erosion of his OBP as he gets older. Infante gives the Reds a little bit of flexibility, something they have sorely missed over the past few years. I will miss Phillips, but I just don't see a way he returns to the Reds. I think that as the season draws along Hamilton will be your starting CF and Ludwick will see his playing time diminish with Choo moving to LF.

I roll the dice with the current pitching. I would like to see Bailey extended bit at some point you have to pick and chose your battles.
    Those contracts are way off.

Throw Detroit and Kansas City into the BP ring as well...

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    The Rangers have just extended Martin Perez for 4 years with a lot of options. How does that affect trading starting pitching to the Rangers?
    He was already signed through the majority of those season so not much I would think. If they sign Garza or another Free Agent then that would pretty much end it. They currently have 4 pitchers they certainly want in rotation. Darvish, Holland, Harrison and Perez.

1. Sign Brayan Pena
    2. ?
    3. Profit.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-08-2013),Benihana (11-08-2013),RedsManRick (11-08-2013),Tom Servo (11-08-2013),Wonderful Monds (11-11-2013)

Here is my slobber-knocker moves:

1. Brandon Phillips to Colorado for OF Dexter Fowler and second baseman D.J. LeMahieu.

Rockies are looking for another hitter and are making Fowler expendable. Fowler takes over in CF while Hamilton spends another season at Triple A working on his skills. D.J. LeMahieu makes an excellent number 2 hitter in the lineup behind Fowler and ahead of Votto.

2. Homer Bailey to the Los Angeles Angels for Mark Trumbo.

Angels need a starting pitcher and the Reds need a righthand hitter for the middle of the lineup. And while Trumbo would be no gold glover in LF, he can't be that much worse than Ludwick. Plus, you have Heisey to come in late the game for defensive purposes.

So how would the roster look?

1. Fowler CF
    2. LeMahieu, 2b
    3. Votto lb
    4. Trumbo LF
    5. Bruce RF
    6. Frazier 3b
    7. Mesoraco c
    8. Cozart

Starting pitching
    1. Latos rhp
    2. Cueto rhp
    3. Chapman lhp
    4. Leake rhp
    5. Cingrani

Bullpen
    1. Hoover rhp
    2. Marshall lhp
    3. LeCure
    4. Simon
    5 & 6. Ondrusek or Partch or Christiani
    7 Broxton. (If he isn't ready then a left handed relief pitcher picked up in free agency).

Bench
    1. Heisey OF
    2. Ludwick OF
    3. Hannahan 3b-2b
    4. Hanigan
    5. Middle infielder
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

get nelson cruz

1. Phillips, hanigan, lutz or soto (hopefully soto) to Toronto for Bautista.
    2. Sign infante or Ellis for 2b
    3. Sign Chavez to platoon at 3b

Contingency: if it's dictated that chapman must be moved into the rotation then cueto to Minnesota for Sano, Meyer, and Rosario

Sign brain Wilson to incentive based deal to close.

Lineup:
    Hamilton Cf
    Votto 1b
    Bautista LF
    Bruce Rf
    Mesoraco c
    Frazier/Chavez
    Infante/Ellis
    Cozart

1. Phillips, Ludwick, Hanigan, Corcino to Blue Jays for Bautista and mid level prospect

2. Sign Choo to 5 year $100M deal with mutual option of $20M in 2019

3. Move Hamilton to 2B (one of Fay's ideas) and sign Bloomquist 1 year for $1.2M

I think my number 1 would be hard to swallow for Jays considering the financials. But I think that Ludwick gives them a LF and they still have OF depth in case of injury or Gose needs more development. Also, Corcino gives them a former top 100 prospect that can be added to their otherwise terrible rotation in the near future. Basically, using him to help them take on Ludwick.

Choo probably gets more money elsewhere, but perhaps gives us a small discount and mutual option gets it done.

Fay's recent speculation has me believe that Hamilton could be a 2B since his arm is what was the problem at SS. Bloomquist can play both SS and 2B and he is a cheap veteran. Perfect Walt signing, plus he hit pretty well last season so he could add some offensive help off the bench.

2014 Lineup

2B Hamilton
    CF Choo
    1B Votto
    LF Bautista
    RF Bruce
    3B Frazier
    C Mesoraco
    SS Cozart
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

14. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-12-2013)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I need four moves:

Re-sign Arroyo for 2/20 plus a 3rd year option
    Sign Beltran for 2/20
    Trade Bailey and Hanigan to the Twins for Sano, Dozier and Doumit
    Trade Philips to the Yankees for Nova or the Braves for a ML arm comparable to Nova

1b Votto
    2b Dozier
    SS Cozart
    3b Frazier
    LF Ludwick/Beltran
    CF Beltran/Hamilton
    RF Bruce
    C Mez

SP Latos
    SP Cueto
    SP Arroyo
    SP Leake
    SP Cingrani
    CL Chapman

Bench
    IF/OF Schumaker
    IF/OF Doumit
    IF/OF Hamilton
    OF Paul
    C Pena
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I need four moves:

Re-sign Arroyo for 2/20 plus a 3rd year option
    Sign Beltran for 2/20
    Trade Bailey and Hanigan to the Twins for Sano, Dozier and Doumit
    Trade Philips to the Yankees for Nova or the Braves for a ML arm comparable to Nova

1b Votto
    2b Dozier
    SS Cozart
    3b Frazier
    LF Ludwick/Beltran
    CF Beltran/Hamilton
    RF Bruce
    C Mez

SP Latos
    SP Cueto
    SP Arroyo
    SP Leake
    SP Cingrani
    CL Chapman

Bench
    IF/OF Schumaker
    IF/OF Doumit
    IF/OF Hamilton
    OF Paul
    C Pena
    I'd be cool with the two signings. Would drop Hanigan, Dozier and Doumit from your deal to make it Bailey for Sano straight up. And I wouldn't think of trading Phillips in your proposals. Why not just keep him? Trade Hanigan for a Red Sox top 10 prospect.
    Go BLUE!!!

1. Trade Phillips+ to A's for Cespedes+ (A's need upgrade at 2b and are lookin for a big bat plus have depth in outfield) (Cespedes plays centerfield)

2. Sign Beltran to play leftfield

3. Homer Bailey, Ryan Hanigan, John Broxton, and prospect for Martin Prado and Heath Bell...allows us to put Prado at 3rd while putting Frazier back into the super utility role he thrived in and Heath Bell will only have a year left on his contract I believe

4. Put Hamilton at 2nd

5. Don't wake me up

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd be cool with the two signings. Would drop Hanigan, Dozier and Doumit from your deal to make it Bailey for Sano straight up. And I wouldn't think of trading Phillips in your proposals. Why not just keep him? Trade Hanigan for a Red Sox top 10 prospect.
    I can see your point on keeping Phillips. But I still want more for Bailey than Sano. I'm not one that falls in love with prospects that I would want to deal for one straight up for a pitcher that's seen multiple successful years in the majors. Sano + a major league arm (Duensing?) might be a good starting point if we drop Dozier and Doumit.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?