Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Your Offseason Plan in 3 Moves or Less

Re: Your Offseason Plan in 3 Moves or Less

1. Cueto and Ludwick > TOR > Bautista and Rasmus
    2. Hanigan > TBR > Beckham

Fills the holes convincingly (CF, RH power) and still leaves a strong enough rotation, IMO. I look at the pitchers I can see trading Cueto as well as any of them...

Cueto - Ace of the staff but also biggest return and some injury history
    Latos - Good contract and dependable, can't see trading him at all.
    Bailey - Everybody says he's an ace in the making. Comes with a pick at the end of next year
    Leake - Middling, but his GB% fits GABP better than other places and showed real improvement in his peripherals.
    Cingrani - Excellent so far. Questionable future but you can't trade him on the rookie contract
    Chapman - If he dominates you'll regret moving him with years of control left.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Updating my last one:

1. Cueto, Ludwick, Hanigan > Bautista and Rasmus
    2. Sign Stephen Drew > 3 yrs/$30M [$8/$10/$12]

- The Toronto deal breaks even salary wise in the 1st two years, which is why I have the money to sign Drew. I think I'm around $115M total.

That gives:

LINEUP
    Drew, SS*
    Phillips, 2B
    Votto, 1B
    Bautista, LF
    Bruce, RF
    Frazier, 3B
    Rasmus, CF
    Mesoraco, CA

- Nice, balanced (R/L) lineup all the way through. No easy outs.
    * See Drew's splits batting leadoff.

BENCH
    Schumaker, OF
    Heisey, CF
    Cozart, IF
    Hannahan, 3B
    Pena, CA

- Adding Cozart makes it a strong bench. Paul > Lousville

ROTATION
    Bailey
    Latos
    Leake
    Cingrani
    Chapman

- Losing Cueto hurts but Bautisa/Rasmus > Choo/Paul defensively so the rest of the staff should get a boost.

BULLPEN (in order of innings)
    Marshall
    Simon
    Hoover
    LeCure
    Broxton
    Parra
    Ondrusek

- Except for Parra/Ondrusek as LOOGY/ROOGY, forget the whole "roles" thing, just pitch whoever's rested and ready to go.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 11-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    1. Three way deal with Rockies and Royals. Royals get Brandon Phillips and Daniel Corcino, Rockies get Aaron Crow, Tim Collins, Emilio Bonifacio and Chris Heisey. Reds get Dexter Fowler and Josh Rutledge.

2. Mike Leake to the Angels for Howie Kendrick

3. Ryan Hanigan to the Red Sox for Brandon Workman

Fowler CF
    Kendrick 2B
    Votto 1B
    Bruce RF
    Ludwick LF
    Frazier 3B
    Mesoraco C
    Cozart SS

Pena C
    Schumaker 2B/OF
    Rutledge IF
    Paul OF
    Hannahan IF

Latos
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Cingrani
    Chapman

Hoover
    Marshall
    Broxton
    Lecure
    Parra
    Simon
    Ondrusek, Workman, et al
    The Rockies:
    1) want relievers
    2) have shown interest in Hanigan
    3) want to trade Fowler
    4) used LeMahieu instead of Rutlegde down the stretch

The Royals:
    1) have relievers they want to trade
    2) have shown interest in Phillips

It seems like this situation is ideal for a 3 way deal. Getting Fowler & Rutledge for Phillips, Heisey +/- Hanigan would help the team a lot. The stumbling blocks would be if the Royals didn't want BP's salary and/or if the Rockies didn't want to give up Rutledge.

I'm not sure about trade #2. Couldn't the team use Rutledge at 2B & spot start Schumaker if Rutledge falls into his old ways (hacker) & needs a couple of days off.

GABP is a hitters park too. If I was The Padres, Dodgers or Giants I might worry about it more. But that's another thing. A large portion of his "outside of Coors" is played in SF, SD and LA, three places that are not hitter friendly. I don't think the switch to GABP from Coors will hurt him much at home and the mix of road parks should be much more favorable outside of the NL West.

Even if he suffers a bit from a move out of Coors, he should still be exponentially better than any of the in house options. I don't see Choo, Ellsbury or even Granderson signing with the Reds. One of the Dodgers (Kemp or Ethier) is probably too expensive. The alternatives are scrap heap guys like Gutierrez and Schumaker or staying with Heisey and Hamilton. I'll take Fowler all day, every day in comparison to those alternatives.
    I'm not worried about it either, but I've been a bit gunshy to talk about Fowler after I was in favor of it over in the Sundeck last offseason and you would have thought I insulted the entire board's mothers

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Sign Corey Hart to a one year deal w/ incentives: This move has a sub move involved as it would see Bruce move over to CF.

Chapman would move to rotation

Sign Omar Infante to a 3 year deal for 24 Million over that time. Would sign him to play 3rd base/ 2nd if a deal for Phillips were to actually happen. Frazier would be a backup Infielder/OFer

I've thrown out a few already but it's getting slow so why not try to generate some discussion.

1. To Twins:
    Choice of Cueto or Bailey
    YRod
    Choice of Travieso or Lively
    Ryan Hanigan

To Reds:
    Sano
    Meyer
    Rosario

The Twins get a top of rotation starter with a probable draft pick attached when they depart and two low to mid minors high pay off potential lottery tickets.

The Reds get salary relief, and three quality prospects at positions of need in the high minors.

2. To Royals:
    Brandon Phillips

To Reds:
    Yordano Ventura

Ventura is Major League ready and can bring the heat. If Chapman starts, close Ventura or vise versa.

3. Sign Carlos Beltran and Rafael Furcal

Solidifies the lineup with a top notch bat that won't require the commitment of a Choo. Adds a real SS backup with the ability to start in case of injury or low production.

I think this would cover the present with solid veterans who are under short term deals as well as brings big time prospect talent into the system that could replace the veterans when their contracts are up.

Lineup:

Hamilton CF
    Votto 1B
    Beltran LF
    Bruce RF
    Mesoraco C
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart 2B
    Furcal SS

Rotation:
    Latos
    Bailey or Cueto
    Cingrani
    Leake
    Chapman/Ventura

Bench:
    Ludwick
    Heisey
    Shumaker
    Hannahan
    Pena

Pen:
    Parra
    Simon
    Lecure
    Hoover
    Marshall
    Broxton
    Ventura/Chapman

But by the end of the year you could have Stephenson or Meyer or both rotation ready or maybe Sano or Rosario ready for the lineup. Winker and or Ervin may be close as well. In the mean time you'd have veteran depth in the bigs that wouldn't cost many years or commitment and block prospects.

Rosario just got busted for PEDs. Get Dozier instead
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Rosario just got busted for PEDs. Get Dozier instead
    Wasn't aware, but I totally agree with you.

Turn Off Ads?