Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Swoop in and snatch Stanton from Miami

Swoop in and snatch Stanton from Miami

Giancarlo Stanton is mad and he should be, If I was Walt, I would be on the phone with the Marlins FO and offer a deal to acquire Stanton..

I would offer:

Leake
    Stubbs
    Corcino
    N Soto
    Ondrusek

Miami just got Yunel Escobar and SS prospect, they won't need Cozart or Didi
    B Hamilton is untouchable
    Miami needs SP, so Leake and Corcino would be a great fit
    Stubbs could roam that HUGE ballpark with ease, plus change of scenery

I would even add Stephenson to the deal if necessary

Think of the Reds line up in 2013: (Presuming BHam comes up)

B Hamilton
    Phillips
    Votto
    Stanton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan

Bench:

Mesoraco
    H Rodriguez
    Didi Gregorius
    X Paul
    Heisey

Plus Cingrani can be put into Leake's spot in the rotation and Chapman can be left as the closer, as he should

Rotation:

Cueto
    Arroyo
    Latos
    Bailey
    Cingrani

Bullpen:

Chapman
    Marshall
    Masset
    Hoover
    Arredondo
    LeCure
    Simon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Swoop in and snatch Stanton from Miami

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm under the impression that the Marlins traded away dudes that made a lot of money. Because the owner doesn't want to pay them.

Stanton doesn't make a lot of money.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Seriously, enough with these insane trade proposals. What you're offering is PEANUTS. It would never happen.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I wonder if the Reds dangled Chapman where the talks would lead? Cuban connection and relatively cheap still.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wonder if the Reds dangled Chapman where the talks would lead? Cuban connection and relatively cheap still.
    What's more valuable? An ace pitcher, or an ace hitter?

Also, OP what you offered would be laughed at my the GM. Trading your garbage gets you the other teams garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It would then lead to them to ask for Homer or Frazier and then Hamilton.

There would be no shortage of suitors for Stanton and there's no urgency to trade him. He's young, he's cheap and when healthy, is one of the best hitters in baseball. The price would be STEEP. Like Mesoraco + Hamilton + Corcino steep

Salukifan2

Any deal for stanton that doesn't include hamilton is absurd

29 GMs have already phoned to ask about Stanton. If they haven't, they should be fired.

He's not going anywhere. He's cheap and productive. The only reason Miami would ever consider dealing him is if he truly does become disgruntled with the franchise.

And it would take a hell of a lot more than OP's offer.

I would take Morrison at this point. He would solve our LF problem

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    I would take Morrison at this point. He would solve our LF problem
    If healthy, then he could do the trick offensively. But isn't he supposed to be very bad defensively? Also, is his knee(s) issue fixed from last season?

I could roll with Logan Morrison if we put the Ludwick money into a CF and an establish super utility guy who can play everywhere with a respectable bat.

if it took hamilton, corcino, stephenson, and cozart/didi to get stanton I'd do it!
    their is no guarantee that all of those guys will pan out and we are getting a proven superstar who could easily hit 50 HR out of GABP
    If you put him in the middle of votto and bruce this team will be unbeatable.
    the Marlins are looking to trade morrison also if we can get him as well are outfield will be set along with are lineup. and we still have the same dominant rotation we had this season

Turn Off Ads?