Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto and Miami blockbuster trade

Re: Toronto and Miami blockbuster trade

Wow. That is crazy considering everybody was riding the bandwagon just 7 months ago. Now, they are back to where they have been for a while now. Wonder how the new stadium will look with all the empty seats now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is an embarrassment to baseball to be honest.

If these young players pan out and they keep Stanton and then reinvest the money to play around them they could be good quick, but FA are going to start demanding NTC to sign there like Pujols did.

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    This franchise is a joke. They got their stadium and now they are conducting a firesale. Loria should not be allowed to own ANYTHING
    I wouldn't say they are a joke. It's just what the Marlins do, salary dump, get mad prospects and build from within. It's risky but what a small market team like the Marlins has to do to compete. They have 2 chips in the past 15 years and you can't argue with that, but it was a shady move doing this after getting that new stadium which they only had to pay a ridiculously small fraction of their own money for.

Jon Morosi
    The deal, unofficially: Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Bonifacio, Buck for Escobar, Hechavarria, Alvarez, Nicolino, Marisnick, Mathis, DeSclafani.

Salukifan2

How can Bud Selig actually approve such BS. This is just another reason why the NFL is so much more successful than the MLB. They force their teams to try to win every year. This trade is a farce.

The Marlins are the most embarrassing franchise in sports and this just adds to it. They build a ridiculous ballpark in terms of dimensions and gimmicks, bring in the communist Guillen to manage, and sign over 100 mil in new payroll and its all gone after 1 disappointing season. Absolutely embarrassing.

Can MLB please do what needs to be done, move the two florida teams to one of the many destinations that would support them better and just leave florida for spring training?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    I wouldn't say they are a joke. It's just what the Marlins do, salary dump, get mad prospects and build from within. It's risky but what a small market team like the Marlins has to do to compete. They have 2 chips in the past 15 years and you can't argue with that, but it was a shady move doing this after getting that new stadium which they only had to pay a ridiculously small fraction of their own money for.

I will have to disagree with you man. Yes in the past they have been very successful using the firesale...this is different. This time they sold the fans on we are gonna try...we are gonna sign big name free agents. All in trying to fill that stadium...the team didnt do so hot so after a year they get rid of everyone. Ithink Pujols saw this coming, thats why he wanted the no trade clause. Everything i have seen so far points to this franchise being run by clowns.

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I will have to disagree with you man. Yes in the past they have been very successful using the firesale...this is different. This time they sold the fans on we are gonna try...we are gonna sign big name free agents. All in trying to fill that stadium...the team didnt do so hot so after a year they get rid of everyone. Ithink Pujols saw this coming, thats why he wanted the no trade clause. Everything i have seen so far points to this franchise being run by clowns.
    That's why I said it was shady business wise what they did to pull the rug like that. It's in my post. They made the taxpayers pay for this expensive stadium on their dime and then pulled out. That's the biggest crime. If it weren't for the new stadium it wouldn't be so bad, that is what makes it really bad and out of line and a smack in the face to their fans.

I still wish the Reds would have broke the bank with Reyes last year... I think the Reds would've crushed 100 Wins and Went to the World Series if they would've had a legit lead-off man like Reyes...
    Last edited by Hondo; 11-13-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Its not like this team was a contender w/ this roster. they lost 93 games w/ these players. they got a ton of payroll relief.

now they probably wont use it this offseason. but they got rid of a lot of bad contracts, got some prospects and when the time is right, money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    Its not like this team was a contender w/ this roster. they lost 93 games w/ these players. they got a ton of payroll relief.

now they probably wont use it this offseason. but they got rid of a lot of bad contracts, got some prospects and when the time is right, money to spend.
    I don't mind Miami trading Johnson and Buck, but to trade Bell, Buehrle, & Reyes 1 year after getting them was a joke...

I am no Selig fan, but I hope he voids this trade for the good of baseball.

What a clown of a trade.

Miami is a joke of an organization and should be relocated immediately imo. It's plain and clear that florida has no interest in supporting there teams..

That said it'll be really cool to see a GOOD Toronto team for once. As someone who loves the city, I really hope they compete instead of being just medicore for so many years

Stanton is angry about the trade.. Hmmm could the Reds pull something off to get him and have him bat 4th??

I wouldn't be surprised to see some legal action against Loria come out of this from the city of Miami. They may end up with expensive vacant baseball stadium on that property (not that it isn't going to be vacant anyway), and this whole thing smells of corruption and fraud. It's worse than anything Mike Brown ever did.

On the other hand, the Marlins do get decent $/WAR value. Given the negative value of a lot of those contracts, they're lucky they even managed to find someone to dump them on, let alone get value out of. Doesn't change the fact that before long there may not even be a team in Miami anymore.

Turn Off Ads?