Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COY

Re: COY

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Coach of the Year is really an award that ends up being expectations vs. results. As others have mentioned, as soon as folks were picking the Reds to win the division, Dusty's fate was sealed.

Now, as far as merit goes, I'm in the "Dusty doesn't deserve it" camp. Any manager who would trot out 2 of the 7 worst OBP in all of baseball in the top 2 spots for 3/4 of a season just in no way, shape or form would get my vote
    Weren't many/most people picking the Nats preseason too? I dont know that for sure, but didn't think anyone was really surprised by them.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Fair enough. You guys win! But even if the playoffs have no bearing on COY I think it'd be hard to argue Johnson shouldn't have won it. How many games under .500 did Washington finish in 2011? I don't know and am just asking but to go from yearly losers to the best MLB record is quite a feat.

Bounty, sorry to come off condenscending in my original response. Looking back at my post I owe you an apology.
    I do think that Johnson deserved to win it. I just didn't agree with arguement that what happened in the playoffs count toward MOY. Whether it should or shouldn't is a whole nother arguement....

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Weren't many/most people picking the Nats preseason too? I dont know that for sure, but didn't think anyone was really surprised by them.
    I don't think anyone thought Washington would be a bad team, but "the experts" were picking Miami (with their crazy offseason spending), Philadelphia or Atlanta to win the east. In fact, only 1 out of 50 of the ESPN "experts" polled before the season chose Washington to win the East compared to 19 for the Reds in the Central.

Turn Off Ads?