Turn Off Ads?

Thread: tori hunter setting the market for Ludwick?

tori hunter setting the market for Ludwick?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/86...rs-source-says

2yr/$26M

37 years old: 16 HRs 92 RBIs. .313avg .365obp .451slg .816ops

Ludwick at 34 yrs old: 26HRs 80 RBIs .275avg .346obp .531slg .877

Stats look pretty close.

The WAR not as much: Hunter 5.5 Ludwick: 1.7

Hunter also had 534 AB vs Ludwicks 422.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: tori hunter setting the market for Ludwick?

No Hunter got the standard aging All-star contract, Ludwick will get around 60% of that deal unless some big money teams loses out on guys they want and panic.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    No Hunter got the standard aging All-star contract, Ludwick will get around 60% of that deal unless some big money teams loses out on guys they want and panic.
    To add to what you are saying here, Hunter also getting rewarded for his consistency. His average (other than an uptick last season) and OBP have stayed consistent for nearly 10 years. Teams will (and should) show a bit of skepticism toward Ludwick since the entirety of his value is based on one bounce back year.

Hunter's defense is about 100 times better than Ludwick.

I've said it before, I will say it again... Pass on Ludwick... Let someone else pay him 9 Million per year for 3 Years...

I mean, you'd be better off paying Bourn 15 Million a year for 5 years, that paying Ludwick 9 Million a year for 3 years... It is that simple.

Since Melky got 2 years at $8M per, I don't see Ludwick getting 3 years at $9M per.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Since Melky got 2 years at $8M per, I don't see Ludwick getting 3 years at $9M per.
    Yeah, and Melky would've got 15 Millon a year if it weren't for that little thing I like to call a PED Positive Test...

Torii Hunter recieved 13 Million per year on a 2 year deal, so Ludwick is going to get at least 9 Million per year, possibly more after his 26 HR, 80 RBI campaign last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Yeah, and Melky would've got 15 Millon a year if it weren't for that little thing I like to call a PED Positive Test...

Torii Hunter recieved 13 Million per year on a 2 year deal, so Ludwick is going to get at least 9 Million per year, possibly more after his 26 HR, 80 RBI campaign last year...
    I'm fully aware of Melky's positive PED test.

As I said in my other post, Melky is 6 years younger, is significantly better defensively, can play CF in a pinch, can steal bases, has a lower strikeout rate and was no slouch even before the PEDs.

Both guys have questions. Was Ludwick's season a resurgence or a fluke? Were Cabrera's last two seasons PEDs or just a guy entering his prime? So I see them getting similar contracts with a slight edge to Cabrera. Might Ludwick get $9M per for 2 years? Sure. But I don't see a team going 3 for him unless that 3rd year is a team option.

All it takes is 1 team to make a mistake, but Ludwick shouldn't get more than $7m per year on a 3 years contract. If the Reds can re-sign him for around that it might be worth it. Just a weak set of LF free agents this year.

Turn Off Ads?