Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hamilton's Arm?

Hamilton's Arm?

Good enough to throw to the plate from center or will he just have to run it in and tag them?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton's Arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Helms1 View Post
    Good enough to throw to the plate from center or will he just have to run it in and tag them?
    He actually has a decent arm. Not great but pretty much average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    He actually has a decent arm. Not great but pretty much average.
    Good, I was interested to hear from the people who have seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Helms1 View Post
    He has been clocked throwing 90 MPH, so his arm isn't that weak.

While I doubt you're gonna see any Bo Jackson type throws to home plate, Hamilton, as has been said, DOES actually have a pretty decent arm. Not as good as Bruce but as good as Stubbs and could possibly become stronger/more accurate than the aforementioned.

I'm judging the above on seeing just very little of him however, so what I said could certainly end up being a "give or take" scenario.

I think i remember hearing the problems he was having with his arm at SS was his arm angle, since he was always trying to rush things. When he actually lets his arm loose he can get some power behind it. But I don't have a source for this, so I could be misremembering (or just making it up).

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    I think i remember hearing the problems he was having with his arm at SS was his arm angle, since he was always trying to rush things. When he actually lets his arm loose he can get some power behind it. But I don't have a source for this, so I could be misremembering (or just making it up).
    I think you're right. That's the same thing I've seen reported repeatedly based on scouts and people who really watched Hamilton closely. I don't think the Reds have one iota of concern as to whether Hamilton's arm is strong enough for CF. Besides, arm strength is much more important to the SS position than CF - based both on the number of plays required to be made and the nature of those plays (i.e, bang-bang plays at 1st).

Turn Off Ads?