Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buster Posey wins NL MVP

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Buster Posey wins NL MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That depends on how much emphasis you want to place on pitch framing/getting balls turned into strikes.
    And you are measuring that how?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    There is a good reason why Molina got some first place votes.
    Like, say, you write for a St. Louis newspaper.

Yes, Molina gives good glove. I'd vote for him, just not first place when I have a choice of another catcher who put up way better numbers and became the first catcher to win a batting title since Lombardi. And Posey isn't Ted Simmons behind the dish.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    And you are measuring that how?
    check out the "why we need computers calling balls and strikes" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Like, say, you write for a St. Louis newspaper.

Yes, Molina gives good glove. I'd vote for him, just not first place when I have a choice of another catcher who put up way better numbers and became the first catcher to win a batting title since Lombardi. And Posey isn't Ted Simmons behind the dish.
    That's fine except for the fact that the two voters who voted for him don't work for a STL Newspaper. Both of the writers who voted for Molina oddly enough worked in the NY region. Joe Strauss and Rick Hummel from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch both voted for Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I've seen you use the word "objective" on this board a few times now when it comes to you defending Cardinals players.

Do you not see the irony in that?
    Why is it ironic to ask for objectivity with Cardinals players on here? You never see me make fun of Reds players on here. In fact, I'm generally objective when it comes to Reds players. My only real criticism for the Reds have been using Scott Rolen. Other than that, I think I've been more than complimentary to Reds players. I don't hate Reds players simply because their Reds players like many posters do for Cardinals players.

Now, my objectivity goes out the window when we talk about Cubs players and there's a good reason why I'm not involved with those despicable forums from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Why is it ironic to ask for objectivity with Cardinals players on here? You never see me make fun of Reds players on here. In fact, I'm generally objective when it comes to Reds players. My only real criticism for the Reds have been using Scott Rolen. Other than that, I think I've been more than complimentary to Reds players. I don't hate Reds players simply because their Reds players like many posters do for Cardinals players.

Now, my objectivity goes out the window when we talk about Cubs players and there's a good reason why I'm not involved with those despicable forums from Chicago.
    It's ironic because I think it would be fair to say that neither you nor Redszone is particularly objective when it comes to the Cards.

I can say that you more than anyone, most certainly, is not. And that's not a bad thing. You are a Cards fan after all. I certainly can't blame you for being as optimistic as possible when it comes to the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    It's ironic because I think it would be fair to say that neither you nor Redszone is particularly objective when it comes to the Cards.

I can say that you more than anyone, most certainly, is not. And that's not a bad thing. You are a Cards fan after all. I certainly can't blame you for being as optimistic as possible when it comes to the Cards.
    I know that. My point was to be objective to opposing teams. I don't blame Reds fans for hyping their players. I do it with the Cardinals. All fans do it with their favorite teams. All I'm asking is objectivity when it comes to rivals. Like I said, I try to be as objective as possible to Reds players on here. I don't expect you to love Chris Carpenter but when discussing awards and things like that, I think it's kind of a different type of discussion. For example, Darwin Barney fully deserved the Gold Glove at second but he is still the player I like the least. I gave him props for his play. It still doesn't change the fact he plays for an abortion of a baseball team that deserves to be contracted.

Turn Off Ads?