Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posey, Cabrera MVPs

Posey, Cabrera MVPs

Buster Posey wins the NL MVP.

Miguel Cabrera wins the AL MVP.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-15-2012 at 07:21 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Posey, Cabrera MVPs

Sounds reasonable to me.

-Bruce came in 10th with 46 points (2 fourth place votes, 1 fifth, 3 sixth, 2 seventh and 1 eighth)

-Chapman in 12th with 20 points (1 sixth place vote, 1 seventh, 1 eighth, 3 ninth and 2 tenth)

-Phillips in 13th with 18 points (2 sixth place votes, 1 seventh, 1 eighth and 1 tenth)

-Votto tied for 14th with 16 points (1 sixth place vote, 1 seventh, 1 ninth and 5 tenth)

-Cueto tied for 30th with 2 points (1 ninth place vote)

I'm disappointed that Trout didn't win. I'd give a longer argument, but all the reasons have been well-documented elsewhere. The right guy won in the NL, though.

Not sure how Bruce got 2 fourth place votes or how Phillips got 2 sixth place ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Not sure how Bruce got 2 fourth place votes or how Phillips got 2 sixth place ones.
    I don't care much for arguing awards, all politics. And maybe I'm reading you wrong, but you seriously don't think BP's season was worth 2 6th place votes? Wow.

Would agree re Bruce.

Trout had a legit case but the TC is just too impressive to deny.

Traditional stats win over Sabermetrics. Us older guys approve.

I'm no old timer (subjectively speaking) but it was the right call. Sabermetrics have their place, but like all numbers, they can be manipulated to serve either side. B. Olney reported the players he interviewed agreed it was Miggy. That's enough for me.

I vehemently disagree with Miggy. But if you're going to argue, don't make the argument that Miggy is ahead of Trout because 'his team made the playoffs.'

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I vehemently disagree with Miggy. But if you're going to argue, don't make the argument that Miggy is ahead of Trout because 'his team made the playoffs.'
    Do you have thoughts not documented elsewhere? Why do you dislike the "playoffs" argument?

Because trouts team won more games than the cabrera's.

The triple crown is great and all but its over rated. Its more about timing than anything. Many players have put up comparable or better numbers in the triple crown categories and haven't won a triple crown.

Trout is simply the best overall player and it wasnt particularly close. Trout should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Trout had a legit case but the TC is just too impressive to deny.
    This is EXACTLY why it went to Miggy. Had it gone to Trout the arguements would've been "But how do you gloss over a triple crown winner?" or "I guess the triple crown doesn't mean anything."

Both well deserved I might add.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    Because trouts team won more games than the cabrera's.

The triple crown is great and all but its over rated. Its more about timing than anything. Many players have put up comparable or better numbers in the triple crown categories and haven't won a triple crown.

Trout is simply the best overall player and it wasnt particularly close. Trout should have won.
    He played 22 less games and it cost him the award, Cabrera had better overall numbers and he won. Trout had more runs by 20 and far more SB but had 62 fewer bases.

MLB Top 5
    BA, Cabrera #2, Trout #4
    Runs, Trout #1, Cabrera #2
    Hits, Cabrera #2,
    HR, Cabrera #1
    RBI, Cabrera #1 by 11
    TB, Cabrera #1 by 21
    XBH, Cabrera #1
    SLG, Cabrera #1 by .011, Trout #4
    OPS, Cabrera #1 by .012, Trout #3
    SB, Trout #1,
    IBB, Cabrera #3 one off the leaders

you forgot about defense and base running.

Turn Off Ads?