Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Justin Upton A Red?

Re: Justin Upton A Red?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    Stanton would be worth anything the Reds could offer for him. He had a slugging% of .600 AND a wOBA over .400. That is absurd. Only 2012 & 2010 Miguel Cabrera, 2011 & 2010 Jose Bautista, 2010 Josh Hamilton, and 2010 Joey Votto have done that in the past 3 years. I know he is a right fielder but you would sacrifice some fielding for that hitting. If he's traded, expect a team to give up everything to get him. A theoretical lineup with Votto-Stanton-Bruce would be a nightmare for pitchers. Stanton would hit 50 home runs in GABP.
    I'll take one please.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Helms1 View Post
    I'll take one please.
    If the Reds could get him without giving up Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Cueto, Chapman, or Latos it would be a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    If the Reds could get him without giving up Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Cueto, Chapman, or Latos it would be a no-brainer.
    All much ado about nothing but I would trade Phillips or Bruce in a heart beat for Stanton in a deal. Since we are just joshing around.

All much ado about nothing but I would trade Phillips or Bruce in a heart beat for Stanton in a deal. Since we are just joshing around.
    I understand you're only talking hypothetically, but are you looking at it from a perspective of "Stanton is better, younger, etc. than Bruce or Phillips" or do you think the trade would make the Reds significantly better - or maybe both? I'm thinking maybe if such a trade were made the Reds wouldn't really be better off, because then they would have to turn around and find a comparable player to replace Bruce or Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by rgslone View Post
    I understand you're only talking hypothetically, but are you looking at it from a perspective of "Stanton is better, younger, etc. than Bruce or Phillips" or do you think the trade would make the Reds significantly better - or maybe both? I'm thinking maybe if such a trade were made the Reds wouldn't really be better off, because then they would have to turn around and find a comparable player to replace Bruce or Phillips.
    I like Phillips and Bruce a lot. If we get could get Stanton for either one we are much better immediately.
    I don't see the fish trading Stanton anytime soon as there is really no reason to. Unless he is mad enough to really want out immediately, even then they are going to want a ton, and rightfully so.

I don't know about Phillips because he's probably been my favorite Red since he joined the team, but yeah I would give up Bruce. Obviously it's a pipedream but Stanton would be so much fun to watch at GABP. He had 37 homers in a pitchers park last year as a 22 year old.

A lot of you are wasting your time talking about Phillips and Bruce... Miami just did a salary dump... If you haven't read the news lately (Sarcasm) so they are not going to move Stanton for players making $10 Million +

So, when the Marlins obviously decide to trade Stanton like when they traded Cabrera... You're going to have to give up prospects and probably take on an extra Salary... Like Nolasco who makes $11.5 Million in 2013...

Well, IMHO if the Reds had to give up Corcino, Lutz, Soto, Leake, and whoever else cheap to get Stanton and take on Nolasco's salary for 2013, well I would absolutely do that... But you're going to have to come up with a similar package to Detroit's package for Cabrera and Willis... Cameron Maybin, pitcher Andrew Miller, catcher Mike Rabelo and minor league pitchers Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern and Burke Badenhop going to Marlins...

Per Peter Gammons:

Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo

Clear 'Backs will lobbytalk Upton if Gregorius, Bogaerts, Simmons or Profar is avaliable, whivh none on, thus far
    So if DiDi is indeed of interest to the Diamondbacks... Please Walt, Pull the trigger for Justin Upton to play left instead of paying Ludwick $7 Million to $10 Million per year!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Per Peter Gammons:

Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo

So if DiDi is indeed of interest to the Diamondbacks... Please Walt, Pull the trigger for Justin Upton to play left instead of paying Ludwick $7 Million to $10 Million per year!
    I totally agree.. batting 4th protecting Votto would be huge!!!.. Then get a leadoff hitter would solidify our lineup!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    I totally agree.. batting 4th protecting Votto would be huge!!!.. Then get a leadoff hitter would solidify our lineup!
    Great Minds think alike!

if what wildman walker says on the "Old Red Guard" saying 2 Reds sources saying Reds about to get Ellsbury for Stubbs and Corcino. Then Reds could deal for Upton.WOW that would make our offense awesome.
    Ellsbury CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Upton LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Hanigan/Mez C

WOW that would be huge. Then they only have to fix the bench

if what wildman walker says on the "Old Red Guard" saying 2 Reds sources saying Reds about to get Ellsbury for Stubbs and Corcino. Then Reds could deal for Upton.WOW that would make our offense awesome.
    Ellsbury CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Upton LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Hanigan/Mez C

That lineup makes me want to buy season tickets and I don't even live in the state.

Ellsbury CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Upton LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Hanigan/Mez C

I'm skeptically hopeful that the Reds will be able to deal for either Ellsbury or Upton, but I will be floored if they were able to pull off both. Just don't know if we have enough bullets to get that done.

This Jacoby rumor/non-rumor/whatever Wildman is carrying on about certainly is interesting.

Ellsbury CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Upton LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Hanigan/Mez C

That would be amazing. The only reason why this team wouldn't win the World Series would be because of injuries or horrible luck.

Turn Off Ads?