Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Jays sign Melky Cabrera

Re: Blue Jays sign Melky Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    A team of juicers signs a known juicer. Fitting place for Cabrera.
    Who are the other juicers?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Considering Blue Jay hitters seem to find power that didn't exist before, I fully expect Melky to continue putting up all-star stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    A team of juicers signs a known juicer. Fitting place for Cabrera.
    They better find a new pharmacist, because they were below league average in RS/G and were next to last in Baseball ref.com OPS+. Maybe the new alchemist can get the pitchers on a program too.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Looks like it's down to Jim Tracy or Jim Riggleman for the final choice in Blue Jay Manager. Probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but since Riggleman's been managing our farm club, I thought it might interest some.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/86...er-sources-say

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    They better find a new pharmacist, because they were below league average in RS/G and were next to last in Baseball ref.com OPS+. Maybe the new alchemist can get the pitchers on a program too.
    It must have been referring to drinking V8 or something because otherwise it was wild supposition that frankly displayed a disturbing lack of regard for the character and reputation of others.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Good year for that, Yankees old, Red Sox dull, Orioles turn to a pumpkin

Watch Tampa stomp them
    Agreed. This is textbook application of appropriate aggression.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Looks like it's down to Jim Tracy or Jim Riggleman for the final choice in Blue Jay Manager. Probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but since Riggleman's been managing our farm club, I thought it might interest some.

Yeesh, I take back what I said about Toronto going for it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeesh, I take back what I said about Toronto going for it.
    No doubt, putting on old smelly tube socks with holes in them doesn't make a lot of sense after going and buying some flashy new clothes.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

I think they might be the same guy... have they ever been in a room together?

One thing Toronto's moves, the Hunter contract and the League contract seem to indicate is that a number of teams look willing to spend that new TV money. It looks like the market has gone up substantially, at least for players who are getting to the table early.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?