Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your all-time favorite Red?

Re: Your all-time favorite Red?

1. Johnny Bench
    2. Tony Perez
    3. Davey Concepcion

Man were these 3 in particular CLUTCH!

To all of you who missed the "Big Red Machine" period between 70 and 76, you missed the best of the modern era, and probably the best of all time.

PSThere are some "official" DVDs out there with the 75 World Series and some bootleg DVDs floating around on the net with the 1976 World Series and 2 games from the 1972 World Series, if you'd like a taste of what you missed. :o)
    Last edited by smixsell; 11-23-2012 at 12:37 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dimitri Young
    Ryan Hanigan
    Scott Sullivan

Gary Redus Ruled

Pete Rose
    I got up to go to school one morning and my Dad had left me the sports page on the table as usual. That day the headline was "Rose signs with Phillies". I picked up my books and walked out the door. My mile walk to school was filled with me balling my eyes out.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Saw Vada Pinson as a minor leaguer, followed him up the ladder, and became a Reds fan because of him.

But he was eclipsed by Bench- I was at the stadium when he hit the two HR in game 4. And that shot against the Pirates was one of the great moments of my life. Thanks John.

My age is showing.......Frank Robinson, followed by Roy McMillen, and Jim O'toole.

Sean Casey
    Willy Mo Pena
    Brandon Phillips

Favorite that I've personally seen? Larkin.

The Big Doggie. Incredible at the plate in the clutch.

Gotta say my favorite all time Red has to be Joe Nuxhall.

Not that I ever saw him play, but I listened to him so much that it sort of feels like I did. Either way, I feel strongest about Joe, and think we all probably had a better feel for him than any other Reds player.

If we are going with guys I actually saw on the field, I'd have to say Bench too. I guess I might be highly susceptible to media, but Bench leading the sat morning kids show Baseball Bunch made me proud to be a Reds fan living in NC among a sea of Braves fans. I also caught (well, picked up from under the seat in front of me) a Bench hit foul ball when I was 7. Pretty much a fan for life after that.

Turn Off Ads?