Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Autograph Thread

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: The Autograph Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    beautiful. how'd you acquire?
    It was from Zeppelin collector. It included a photo of Plant, shirtless, playing the guitar after he signed it...gold pen still in hand. Exact proof..Lance said the guy who got it was a friend of his...the picture is taken backstage somewhere. November if 1993- that had to be Page/Plant tour...
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 05-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	7132

Views:	109 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	7133

I got Amare Stoudemire yesterday at a book signing. A friend is a huge fan so I decided to grab an extra book myself. I showed up 15 minutes before it started and was out the door 15 minutes later. If only they all were that easy.

I was going to try for Hillary...until I saw that the first guy lined up the day before. I'm not sure when the 2nd person lined up, but still. I also called the store right when it opened and the clerk said there were already 600 people outside and the signing was still an hour away from starting. Yeah, no thanks.

5. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-11-2014)

Picked up this Rolling Stones Signed Tour Lithograph signed by Mick, Keith, and Charlie.

They made only 25 of them and somehow one was sitting on their website with the caption "Sold Out" over the photo but the choice to order only one that was in stock.

Probably worth three times what I paid- unreal.

It's the 1972 tour poster in the photo. At one point they were offering it free if you would buy a $2000 lithograph kit. They also offered only five of them for sale separately at an outrageously low price. This must have been one of them. I found it in a Google search that brought up a page to buy it but you couldn't see it on their web store. Weird, but lucky me.

Name:	Stones litho.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	7410
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 06-26-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Here's another cool piece. This is a signed/played/owned guitar from Pat Smear of the Foo Fighters. He smashed it at a Germs concert in 2006 and signed it on the back for the lucky guy who got it. He also took a photo of him with the kid.

Just last month the new owner of the guitar got the current Foo Fighters to sign it and pose for pictures with it. Signed by David, Nate, Pat, Taylor, and Chris on the body in silver ink.

Pat Smear verified it was his guitar and said he even used with the Foos at one point. There's no neck stock as he smashed it pretty good.

Name:	Foos Guitar.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	7411
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 06-26-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Picked up this Rolling Stones Signed Tour Lithograph signed by Mick, Keith, and Charlie.

They made only 25 of them and somehow one was sitting on their website with the caption "Sold Out" over the photo but the choice to order only one that was in stock.

Probably worth three times what I paid- unreal.

It's the 1972 tour poster in the photo. At one point they were offering it free if you would buy a $2000 lithograph kit. They also offered only five of them for sale separately at an outrageously low price. This must have been one of them. I found it in a Google search that brought up a page to buy it but you couldn't see it on their web store. Weird, but lucky me.

Name:	Stones litho.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	7410
    How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking? What a great piece/find!

Name:	bc.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	7417

Got this last night. I'm typically not a fan of silver, but it's actually pretty cool. I just have to store it away from light and keep it cool. There was a strict policy about him only singing stuff from the play as well which wasn't ideal, but oh well. He's easily the most generous broadway signer I've seen. Anyone that went to the play and waited around after, he would sign your program AND take a photo with you. Every person. And let me tell, you the line was deep. I'd guess 200 people or so. And I was told he does it nightly, 6 days a week. That's generous.

How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking? What a great piece/find!
    $400. It 's at least a $1000 piece.

I love the Stones because they are very aware of their history.

Ronnie Wood didn't sign it because he wasn 't in the band then.

It would have been super to have Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman sign but fat chance on that. At leadt Wyman, anyway.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 06-27-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Name:	bc.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	7417

Got this last night. I'm typically not a fan of silver, but it's actually pretty cool. I just have to store it away from light and keep it cool. There was a strict policy about him only singing stuff from the play as well which wasn't ideal, but oh well. He's easily the most generous broadway signer I've seen. Anyone that went to the play and waited around after, he would sign your program AND take a photo with you. Every person. And let me tell, you the line was deep. I'd guess 200 people or so. And I was told he does it nightly, 6 days a week. That's generous.
    Keep the silver away from light? Never heard that. I keep my blue sharpie stuff in the dark. The silver and gold pens I always thought were not affected by light.

I hatee the blue sharpies. They will fade big time in sunlight.

That is awesome that Bryan Cranston does that. And a nice signature to boot. You need to show that to Al Pacino.

$400. It 's at least a $1000 piece.

I love the Stones because they are very aware of their history.

Ronnie Wood didn't sign it because he wasn 't in the band then.

It would have been super to have Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman sign but fat chance on that. At leadt Wyman, anyway.
    That's a fantastic pickup, seriously. I will await being added to your will.

14. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-28-2014)

Keep the silver away from light? Never heard that. I keep my blue sharpie stuff in the dark. The silver and gold pens I always thought were not affected by light.

I hatee the blue sharpies. They will fade big time in sunlight.
    Oh I don't know if silver fades in light, but I'm a bit of hypochondriac now when any autograph is exposed to light after I had this great Roots piece fade after it was exposed to light (it was signed in red). I had heard though that silver fades with time, so I figured light probably wouldn't help that. I don't know how accurate that is though because I've not owned any piece signed in silver long enough to really know. The only other notable pieces I have is 1 silver autographed Elvis Costello photo, which I've had now for about 3-4 years and so far it's held up well out of the light. I also have this great John Mayer hand numbered (by him) piece of his first record that came out in 2001 that is in gold. It's actually held up quite well, I must say.

However, I'm curious about what you said regarding blue. All of the dealers that I inevitably run into prefer blue if at all possible. They say the color fades less than black. I typically try for blue but don't mind if it's black. Is that not your experience?

The only other person I saw that was super generous on broadway to the degree that Cranston is was Matthew Broderick. He might have been even better because he would sign anything you brought and would take photos too and he really took his time doing both. BUT...the demand for him was much less than Cranston so it was fewer people. And speaking of Al Pacino, I may have mentioned this before, but when he was on broadway, I had him sign both a program and a photo. The signature on the photo was terrible, but the signature on my program was really good. A dealer that was standing next to me that evening said he was jealous and that it was the best autograph he'd seen from Pacino in years. Whenever I come across it, I'll scan it in and post it here.

I have pieces that are twenty years old: gold, silver, blue, black. The only ones that have faded terribly are the blue ones.

Black can fade- it does depend on how thick the pen stroke is. A bold sig with a thicker pen will last a long way.

I keep my stuff in darkness- It has solved the fading issue.

Oh I don't know if silver fades in light, but I'm a bit of hypochondriac now when any autograph is exposed to light after I had this great Roots piece fade after it was exposed to light (it was signed in red). I had heard though that silver fades with time, so I figured light probably wouldn't help that. I don't know how accurate that is though because I've not owned any piece signed in silver long enough to really know. The only other notable pieces I have is 1 silver autographed Elvis Costello photo, which I've had now for about 3-4 years and so far it's held up well out of the light. I also have this great John Mayer hand numbered (by him) piece of his first record that came out in 2001 that is in gold. It's actually held up quite well, I must say.

However, I'm curious about what you said regarding blue. All of the dealers that I inevitably run into prefer blue if at all possible. They say the color fades less than black. I typically try for blue but don't mind if it's black. Is that not your experience?

The only other person I saw that was super generous on broadway to the degree that Cranston is was Matthew Broderick. He might have been even better because he would sign anything you brought and would take photos too and he really took his time doing both. BUT...the demand for him was much less than Cranston so it was fewer people. And speaking of Al Pacino, I may have mentioned this before, but when he was on broadway, I had him sign both a program and a photo. The signature on the photo was terrible, but the signature on my program was really good. A dealer that was standing next to me that evening said he was jealous and that it was the best autograph he'd seen from Pacino in years. Whenever I come across it, I'll scan it in and post it here.
    Pacino did a private signing two years back where he took his time and signed his full name. You can still get them on ebay. Oversize Godfather and Scarface prints in silver. Gorgeous...I just don't want to spend $300-$500 on a sig that just isnt that rare.

Here's a pic of one of the Pacino's. Another readon I don't want it is the PSA sticker. Ruins it for me.

Go to ebay, type in "Pacino ITP " and you'll see all the variations.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	129 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	7418

Turn Off Ads?