Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
Results 376 to 386 of 386

Thread: The Autograph Thread

  1. #376
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Blonde on Blonde.
    I own it signed, sold it this week but the guy hasnt come through with the money, so Im most likely going to keep it. Probably regret letting it go.

  2. Likes:

    marcshoe (08-23-2018)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #377
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    9,006

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    If you are going to collect, it needs to be for love.

    Investment stuff- you really have to get lucky or sink some money into something you are certain will hold value, something truly rare.
    Very true.

    Don't know if I asked this in the past or not and even if I did maybe it's changed, but what is your favorite piece that you own? And what is the most valuable? They can be the same, but don't have to be.

  5. #378
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Very true.

    Don't know if I asked this in the past or not and even if I did maybe it's changed, but what is your favorite piece that you own? And what is the most valuable? They can be the same, but don't have to be.
    My Cobain smashed guitar most valuable, without question.

    The prices are crazy right now.

    Favorite is a tie. The Dave Grohl snare is one.

    He played that thing as a teenager, in Nirvana, and then right after Kurt died he would practice on it and record demos that became the first Foo Fighters record.

    He always talks about after Kurt died he didnt want to play music anymore....then he would "go down and play music in his basement"....which is where this drum was.

    The other is my Bill Ward cymbals. You cant get any better than recording the first 3 Sabbath records on them plus all the live dates, music videos, etc.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-23-2018 at 02:33 PM.

  6. Likes:

    fearofpopvol1 (08-24-2018),Kingspoint (01-30-2019)

  7. #379
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,699

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Your chances of getting Dylan are small.

    Now- if you can find his hotel....where he parks his tour bus...and maybe you are the only one there....he does go for long walks with his hood pulled over his head...he may talk to you, but the second you pull out that poster he is going to be freaked out. He is a strange dude.

    I had a friend who used to get him, but he brought him stuff...like old boxing memorabilia...like a trade. He loves the History Channel, things like that.

    But he knows what his signature is worth....it's a lot of money....so he'll say something like "If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you..."

    If you say, "I'm a big fan," be prepared for a quiz..."oh really what is your favorite album?"

    People who get close say it is the weirdest experience, but some do get lucky, and the only way to get lucky is to be there.
    I might give it a try. Its a poster from the first date I went on with my now wife, and think that's what I would lead with if I get a chance to approach him. That's how I got Willie to sign it.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

  8. Likes:

    Dom Heffner (08-23-2018)

  9. #380
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    9,006

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    My Cobain smashed guitar most valuable, without question.

    The prices are crazy right now.

    Favorite is a tie. The Dave Grohl snare is one.

    He played that thing as a teenager, in Nirvana, and then right after Kurt died he would practice on it and record demos that became the first Foo Fighters record.

    He always talks about after Kurt died he didnt want to play music anymore....then he would "go down and play music in his basement"....which is where this drum was.

    The other is my Bill Ward cymbals. You cant get any better than recording the first 3 Sabbath records on them plus all the live dates, music videos, etc.
    It sure does seem like the way to go are those unique pieces. Especially stuff that was actually used by talent. Most of the stuff I have is autographs. They've been easy to get and have required little to no investment.

    By far the best piece (or pieces) I have are a collection of handwritten letters by John Mayer. They are dated and from super early in his career...2001-2002. Also have a typed one from him on his letterhead from a few years ago that's signed. They are truly one-of-a-kind pieces. He's not really in legend territory (yet), but he does have a very rabid fanbase so I think there is a market there for sure.

  10. #381
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It sure does seem like the way to go are those unique pieces. Especially stuff that was actually used by talent. Most of the stuff I have is autographs. They've been easy to get and have required little to no investment.

    By far the best piece (or pieces) I have are a collection of handwritten letters by John Mayer. They are dated and from super early in his career...2001-2002. Also have a typed one from him on his letterhead from a few years ago that's signed. They are truly one-of-a-kind pieces. He's not really in legend territory (yet), but he does have a very rabid fanbase so I think there is a market there for sure.
    Those letters are worth some cash, for sure. The content is everything, but post cards, letters, all valuable. Terrific, sounds cool.

  11. #382
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Not really an autograph, but happy to own one of Nancy Wilson's guitars.

    "The cuda" as it was known, everytime she played Barracuda from 2006ish to 2012, she played it on this. American Idol, Ellen, VH1 with Alice in Chains....and all tours.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nancy Wilson1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	14098

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nancywilson2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	14099

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nancywilson3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	14100

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nancywilson4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	14101

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nancywilson5.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	14102

  12. Likes:

    marcshoe (10-09-2018)

  13. #383
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Dom...Prince autographs are about non existant I have heard.
    Sorry to bring this up, but I thought of you-

    A few months back a Prince Purple Rain signed poster sold for $15,000.

    it was amazing.

    They also had a Purple Rain tour used microphone....I was in on it until it got way out of hand. Something like $27,000.

  14. #384
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,070

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    How about a list of folks I’ve met and never got an autograph from?

    I had a twenty minute or so conversation with Harry Carey at Wrigley once. Never thought about getting anything signed. He died a few months later.

    I was driving rideshare a couple years ago and picked up John Rzeznik from a hotel downtown. They were in town for a show. We had a nice talk about music, but I never got him to sign anything. Just didn’t seem appropriate at the moment.

    I’ve given rides to a few Bengals players as well, but it just doesn’t seem right to ask for something like that when I’m giving a guy a ride.

    I have an autographed copy of Joe Morgan’s autobiography, as well as Nuxhall’s signature on his biography. I think those are the only ones I still have.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

  15. Likes:

    Dom Heffner (03-16-2019)

  16. #385
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,699

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    What would be a reasonable price for a Walt Disney auto? I would like to get one for my wife, doesn't have to be fancy, actually would prefer a cut or something basic I can mat/frame with a print. Looked on Ebay, seem $3k is a starting point?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

  17. #386
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: The Autograph Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    What would be a reasonable price for a Walt Disney auto? I would like to get one for my wife, doesn't have to be fancy, actually would prefer a cut or something basic I can mat/frame with a print. Looked on Ebay, seem $3k is a starting point?
    Wow , I missed this! Sorry!

    Yes, Id say that would be a good starting point for a cut.

    Here is a new one. This is Stevie Nicks' microphone from the Rumours tour, 1977-1978.

    She initialed it, but most cool is her lipstick on top of it.

    This was a long time coming, worked pretty hard to get this one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8C4D24F-C9A0-48CB-A8C0-0148B0B5B394.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	14662

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1B0D01B1-B3B1-45E0-AB77-424034620600.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	14663

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3976A833-7DED-4AC3-AA1D-EF8D3445933D.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	14664

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9579A5C-DC82-4336-B630-1EDAEE028D2E.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	14665

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8125E1C-B971-4A6D-82C5-141FC41E78E9.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	14666

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	510F21A1-2AA8-49F3-8AF4-1148905CD79D.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	14667

  18. Likes:

    Redsfaithful (03-15-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator