Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giancarlo Stanton

We should send them Stubbs. I don't care if we get anything in return. Or if they even know he's coming.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Giancarlo Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    We should send them Stubbs. I don't care if we get anything in return. Or if they even know he's coming.

Classic. Kudos.

Too bad I only have one big kidney, otherwise if Walt called I would have to consider throwing the other one into a deal. Does GABP have a dialysis suite?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    He'd miss.

Interesting article about the trade value of Stanton.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...even-possible/

If this analysis is to be believed (or is even in the ballpark), we couldn't really come close to dealing for him.

Would Stubbs, Leake, Hamilton, & a couple mid level prospects get it done?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    No, Stanton has more trade value than basically anyone in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    you would be sending them a 4th or 5th OF and 5th starter, a slap hitting prodigy and some unknowns. That deal isnt even close.

If you want Stanton I think the conversation starts with:

A.)Hamilton
    B.)Bruce
    C.)Bailey
    D.)Cingrani
    E.)Stephenson
    F.)Corcino
    G.)Didi
    H.)Mez

They will want A+(B or C)+(D,E or F)+(D,E or F)+(G or H).

While I agree with webbbj I think that other prospects may be more valuable for them. I could see them wanting:

Billy Hamilton (Near MLB ready)
    (1 ofTony Cingrani - Robert Stephenson - Daniel Corcinco (2 of them are near MLB ready)
    Kyle Lotzkar
    Neftali Soto
    (1 of Yorman Rodriguez - Henry Rodriguez (Near MLB ready)
    Then probably either Cozart, Leake, or Heisey

I mean that's giving up our #1, (#2, #3 or #4), #8, *9 and (#16 or #19) plus a MLB throw in. I would say that wins the deal for them. And honestly if they chose Stephenson I would be okay with the deal because we keep our 2 top pitching prospects that are near MLB ready, but I would ask for a throw in prospect in return.

Giancarlo Stanton - OF
    Charlie Lowell - LHP
    - FOR -
    Billy Hamilton
    Robert Stephenson
    Kyle Lotzkar
    Neftali Soto
    Henry Rodriguez
    Mike Leake

I think that deal gets done. I am happy with that deal. Soto would've been blocked and Miami needs a 1B. Rodriguez could help will be good in the future like an Omar Infante. Leake comes in right away to help with their staff which will be completely depleted. Stephenson and Lotzkar are their arms for the future to go along with what they got from the Bluejays and Dodgers. Billy Hamilton is their new marketing campaign.

For us LF, RF, 2B, SS, 1B, SP 1-3, CL and bullpen are done and signed for 3-4 years. All you would need in my opinion would be a leadoff guy and you could theoretically go after Victorino for 2 years because of the money saved for Stanton. Watching Stanton and Votto battle it out for MVP would be fun.

I would give up almost anything for that guy. He would hit an unbelievable amount of HRs in GABP.

I would think a latos package x 2

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    you would be sending them a 4th or 5th OF and 5th starter, a slap hitting prodigy and some unknowns. That deal isnt even close.

A.)Hamilton
    B.)Bruce
    C.)Bailey
    D.)Cingrani
    E.)Stephenson
    F.)Corcino
    G.)Didi
    H.)Mez

I feel like Hamilton+Bailey+Stephenson+Didi would be a no-brainer for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    I feel like Hamilton+Bailey+Stephenson+Didi would be a no-brainer for the Reds.
    I don't know if I would call it a no-brainer, but I would end up pulling the trigger. Bailey would be the big loss here imho. I think he finally has turned a corner. But a homer machine LF is a better fit in GABP than a flyball pitcher I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post

A.)Hamilton
    B.)Bruce
    C.)Bailey
    D.)Cingrani
    E.)Stephenson
    F.)Corcino
    G.)Didi
    H.)Mez

In an unrelated note. Lets say this post represents the true worth of Stanton in terms of Reds prospects (whether it does or not does not matter for this exercise). Starting from this point, what then is J. Upton or Fowler worth (note, worth, not what will they cost). Stanton's value has to be significantly higher than either Upton or Fowler. But how much more?

Turn Off Ads?