Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you trade Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 46.55%
  • No

31 53.45%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you...Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would you...Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

Seems like a reasonable deal if you have the appetite- do you?
    Go BLUE!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Would you...Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

I like Myers. I think he'll turn out to be a very good player. But I think the same of Homer...and pitching wins everytime. Stick with David.

Ouch. Tough call.

Likely not, as I believe Bailey has turned the proverbial corner.

But Myers is a stud that might be good enough to hit cleanup for a decade.

I'd probably stick with the sure thing. Baliey's at least a MOR starter; Myers is a prospect.

(If Myers were still a catcher, I'd switch my vote.)

Tough call. Probably a big step backwards for the pitching staff. KC may be more inclined to go after Corcino/Cingrani and other stuff. I'd rather deal that as well. Leake, Corcino and H-Rod for Mike Moustakas would be a deal I'd rather do.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I think it is a year too late to get Myers at a reasonable rate. After the year he just had, the Royals probably have no interest in moving him.

-The Insider-

Am I the only one who thinks that Bailey wouldn't get anything close to Wil Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Bailey wouldn't get anything close to Wil Myers.
    Yea this deal makes no sense at all.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think Myers is worth more, yet I still wouldn't pull the trigger for the Reds.

-The Insider-

Maybe I'm just not as high on Bailey as everyone else. He was suppose to be an ace and he's never been that. He did do better last year, but he's still not that number one starter that everyone had dreams about.

Maybe I'm just not as high on Bailey as everyone else. He was suppose to be an ace and he's never been that. He did do better last year, but he's still not that number one starter that everyone had dreams about.
    I like Bailey when he's healthy, but I think it has more to do with KC losing 90 games and Myers being their top prospect. If they're trading him, I doubt they're looking for a soon to be expensive mid rotation starter in return.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I like Bailey when he's healthy, but I think it has more to do with KC losing 90 games and Myers being their top prospect. If they're trading him, I doubt they're looking for a soon to be expensive mid rotation starter in return.
    But from what I've read, they would be willing to spend money for a starter. All the guys they are/were rumored to be interested in would cost money either this year or next year via arbitration, so I don't think it's a money thing. I just don't think Bailey is worth trading Wil Myers from Kanas City's perspective. Myers is a top five prospect in baseball. You don't trade that straight-up for a number three rotation guy who has never lived up to expectations. You trade him for a James Shields or Jeremy Hellickson.

Bailey isn't an ACE, but I think he is still underrated by a lot of guys.

I mean let's assume there are 15 #1 pitchers in the NL. He was inside the Top 15 in innings pitched. He was inside the Top 20 in strikeouts. He was #13 in ERA+ (for qualified starters). He was #25 in WHIP (for qualified starters). He was #15 in K/BB rate.

By those numbers, Bailey was a borderline #1 in the National League.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Bailey isn't an ACE, but I think he is still underrated by a lot of guys.

I mean let's assume there are 15 #1 pitchers in the NL. He was inside the Top 15 in innings pitched. He was inside the Top 20 in strikeouts. He was #13 in ERA+ (for qualified starters). He was #25 in WHIP (for qualified starters). He was #15 in K/BB rate.

By those numbers, Bailey was a borderline #1 in the National League.
    I see what you're saying, but I don't think every team has a true ace. Colorado, San Diego and Houston are examples. In baseball, there are really only 10-15 true aces.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think every team has a true ace. Colorado, San Diego and Houston are examples. In baseball, there are really only 10-15 true aces.
    I am with you. But even still, Bailey provides value that a whole lot of other pitchers don't in the National League. He just happened to be overlooked because of how good the other Reds starters were.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am with you. But even still, Bailey provides value that a whole lot of other pitchers don't in the National League. He just happened to be overlooked because of how good the other Reds starters were.
    Good point. Hopefully in 2013 he'll finally blossom and put up an ERA around 2.50 or so. I just don't think when the Reds drafted him they envisioned a 10-13 record with a 3.68 ERA being great for him.

Turn Off Ads?