Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you trade Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 46.55%
  • No

31 53.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Would you...Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

Re: Would you...Homer Bailey for Wil Myers?

How about about a 3 way deal...

CIN sends Leake, Gregorius and Lutz to ARI and Cingrani to KC
    ARI sends Bauer to KC
    KC sends Myers to CIN
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Not sure about the last sentence- that's what the Royals are asking for, not what they have received. Bailey significantly outpitched Lester in 2012 and has significantly less money due to him over the next two years (Shields and Lester both have >$20MM due in next two years). Bailey is also five years younger than Shields and two years younger than Lester, so it is not unreasonable to expect him to be on an opposite trajectory.

I'd offer Leake and Cingrani and see if the Royals counter by asking for Bailey. Not saying I'd do it, but it would certainly be an interesting conversation.
    I can maybe buy that regarding Lester but Shields' trade value is without question immensely higher than Homer Bailey's. Lester had a poor year in 2012 but he has a strong record of success in another hitters' park. Wil Myers has much more trade value than Homer Bailey, who is about to get expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I can maybe buy that regarding Lester but Shields' trade value is without question immensely higher than Homer Bailey's. Lester had a poor year in 2012 but he has a strong record of success in another hitters' park. Wil Myers has much more trade value than Homer Bailey, who is about to get expensive.
    Agree on Shields > Bailey, but the reports I've seen have KC offering Myers and a pitcher for Lester and an OF. Have to think that Bailey and Heisey would be at least as attractive as what they're asking for from Boston.

I think that 3 way with Arizona and KC deserves some thought- not sure who that trade favors, which usually makes for a sound deal. Both KC and ARI have been rumored to be shoppin their top prospects Myers and Bauer, and each team would be getting what they seek (ARI- cheap veteran pitcher + young starting SS + a slugging 1B; KC a future ace who's inexpensive and timeline matches rest of team + another major leafue ready top 100 pitching prospect; Reds get their cleanup hitting LF for the next 6 years).

Myers, Hamilton, Bruce- what an OF to have for the next 6 years. 80 HR/80 SB potential with gold glove defense all around.
    Last edited by Benihana; 11-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think Homer Bailey could be a top 15 pitcher in baseball in 2013.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I think Homer Bailey could be a top 15 pitcher in baseball in 2013.
    Seconded.

Turn Off Ads?