Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you trade Billy Hamilton for Giancarlo Stanton?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 88.57%
  • No

8 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Would you trade Hamilton for Stanton?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Poll: Would you trade Hamilton for Stanton?

Let's see how this one goes over with Redszone. Could be interesting.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Poll: Would you trade Hamilton for Stanton?

Billy Hamilton wouldn't be anywhere near enough to land Stanton. You would have to add multiple other legit pieces to get it done. Corcino, Cingrani, Mesoraco and Hamilton might get the conversation rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Billy Hamilton wouldn't be anywhere near enough to land Stanton. You would have to add multiple other legit pieces to get it done. Corcino, Cingrani, Mesoraco and Hamilton might get the conversation rolling.
    I agree it would take more than just Billy. But I disagree it would take all 4 of those guys.

I do think Chapman for Stanton straight up would work though.

Can't imagine there will be anything less than 90% in the "Yes" camp on this one.

More relevant question is what else goes with Hamilton. I'd think one of the pitching prospects + another B player could do it.

Remember they just acquired Marisnick so I'd think they'd be more interested in guys like Chapman, Stephenson, and Frazier than they would in Hamilton.
    Last edited by Benihana; 11-26-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Exciting question mark vs man on HOF pace

Yes, yes, yes.

A million times yes. Id drive Billy down to Miami myself if that's what it took...and I'd leave my car with Loria, too.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    A million times yes. Id drive Billy down to Miami myself if that's what it took...and I'd leave my car with Loria, too.
    Drive? Hell, I'd carry Hamilton on my back if that's what it took to get Stanton.

Hamilton + Chapman + Lutz? gets it done.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I agree it would take more than just Billy. But I disagree it would take all 4 of those guys.

I do think Chapman for Stanton straight up would work though.
    I have heard rumors through the scouting grapevine. It would take every bit of that to even begin talking.

I said last year I'd trade 2 Chapmans for Stanton.

I'd trade 3 Hamiltons for Stanton.

17 for 17 on the Yes votes. This is an easy question. A better one would be Votto or Bruce for Stanton. That might yield some interesting results.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Reports are that Selig would likely veto a Stanton trade after the last boondoggle.
    Go BLUE!!!

Stanton is one probably one of the top 5 most valuable trade assets in baseball right now. 3 years of control of a 22 year old.

Consider, through his first 3 seasons, he's basically been just as productive as Ryan Braun was, but he's 3 years younger. There is nobody on the Reds save perhaps Cueto and Latos that I wouldn't trade for Giancarlo Stanton -- and even then I'd think about it.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think 3 of the 4 would keep them on the phone. But wouldn't be at all surprised if it took all 4 to get it done.

If I were the Reds, I'd be pitching Chapman and Hamilton for Stanton today.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I think 3 of the 4 would keep them on the phone. But wouldn't be at all surprised if it took all 4 to get it done.

If I were the Reds, I'd be pitching Chapman and Hamilton for Stanton today.
    I'd offer Chapman, Leake, Mez, and Corcino.

Well, I am going to vote yes, even though I was tempted to say no.

No question Stanton is 99.9% more likely to be the more productive player. So from a value point, you can't say no.

Man though, I really want to see Billy sink or swim in Cincinati though. I am more excited about him coming up than any other player ever (even Chapman).
    The only one that even comes close in anticipation was Eric Davis (because the team was so bad then and needed a savior desperately)..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?