Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Royals trade thought

Re: Reds Royals trade thought

I hear the Reds are discussing Chris Heisey, Jose Arredondo and a few pairs of sanitary socks for Mike Trout.
    Fingers crossed.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I do really like Moustakas. I think you'd be looking at Bailey + Corcino/Cingrani to land him though.
    No offense but there is no way it would take that to get Moustakas... He's high on potential but he hit .242-20-73 last year so IMHO Leake could get him... Corcino might have to be included but no way you'd trade Homer Bailey for him. I wouldn't trade Homer Bailey for him...

In fact, I wouldn't trade Cingrani for him straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    No offense but there is no way it would take that to get Moustakas... He's high on potential but he hit .242-20-73 last year so IMHO Leake could get him... Corcino might have to be included but no way you'd trade Homer Bailey for him. I wouldn't trade Homer Bailey for him...

In fact, I wouldn't trade Cingrani for him straight up.
    Moustakas was 23 and rushed to the show. That line can easy spike quick as he gets his game fully polished at the big league level. He had a line of .270/.325/.478/.803 when he topped his PA from the previous MLB season 89 then hit under .200 his last 60 games. Surviving that first 162 game grind is hard for young players and they often hit the wall much like Todd did this year. Those factors along with his age, contract and pedigree keep his value far higher than Leake.

Salukifan2

After thinking about Wil Myers objectively, and if the Royals are really shopping him, the cardinals really make alot of sense as the the team that could make a run at him. If the roayls really want major league ready or near ready pitching then the cards are a good match. Lance Lynn, Joe Kelly, Jon Jay and maybe someone like Tyrell Jenkins could get the conversation started.

Pittsburgh and seattle could also be good suitors. All speculation of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    After thinking about Wil Myers objectively, and if the Royals are really shopping him, the cardinals really make alot of sense as the the team that could make a run at him. If the roayls really want major league ready or near ready pitching then the cards are a good match. Lance Lynn, Joe Kelly, Jon Jay and maybe someone like Tyrell Jenkins could get the conversation started.

Pittsburgh and seattle could also be good suitors. All speculation of course.
    The Cards don't need another OF and wouldn't move the SP for one, if they moved SP they would go get a long term SS solution.

Salukifan2

i totally agree but at the same time its Wil Myers. There isn't a team in the MLB that doesn't covet that kind of talent. And if the cards did pull off that move it would solidify Allen Craig at first base for the future allowing the Cards to put Matt Adams in a deal for Andrus or Asdrubal cabrera if they were so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    i totally agree but at the same time its Wil Myers. There isn't a team in the MLB that doesn't covet that kind of talent. And if the cards did pull off that move it would solidify Allen Craig at first base for the future allowing the Cards to put Matt Adams in a deal for Andrus or Asdrubal cabrera if they were so inclined.
    Matt Adams isn't going to get you those SS he would need to be the 2nd or 3rd player and if they moved SP to get Myers they aren't going to add prospects to add those names. The Cards are the most paranoid team about moving prospects these days so I would be shocked if they moved anyone but 2nd tier guys for a LHP out of the pen.

Salukifan2

i agree that they are too conservative with dealing prospects. But they just have such a road block of not just right handed starters but all Power right handed starters. only three of which should be fairly untouchable.

All im hearing is talks of them going to get james Shields or Jon Lester. Lester has been average the last two seasons and i doubt making the move to Kansas City is going to get him really psyched for next season. and James Shields is already 30 and has shown in the past he is very capable of having an era in the 5's.

If they were going after king Felix or Kershaw that would be one thing but those two aren't worth it in my eyes.
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 11-29-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Turn Off Ads?