Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Royals trade thought

Reds Royals trade thought

First off, Old Red Guard come up with your own thoughts. I like some players that the Royals have and this is a team that has alot of good young players but they are light on pitching so I would like to see a deal like this.

Reds get W. Myers, T. Collins, S. Perez and M. Moustakas

Royals get H. Bailey, D. Mesoraco, L. Ondrusek, D. Stubbs Y. Rodriguez, S. Buckley and K. Lotzkar

Reds will like it mostly because they get rid of Stubbs but seriously they get a guy who can man 3rd and hit LH for a long time a RH LFer with pure power who should be ready mid to late year a good young catcher and a LH pitcher for the pen.

Royals like it because they get a good young cheap pitcher who is coming into his own. A catcher who can benifit from playing more often with a lot of promise. A dependable arm out of the pen. A throw in OF who needs a new place to play. And another SP, 3B and OF prospect who will help them later on.

Starters are
    Latos
    Cueto
    Arroyo
    Chapman
    Leake/Cingrani

Bullpen
    Broxton
    Marshall
    Masset
    Arredondo
    Collins
    Lecure
    Hoover/Simon/Redmond

Lineup
    CF someone new
    2b Phillips
    1b Votto
    LF Frazier
    RF Bruce
    3b Moustakas
    SS Cozart/Gregorius
    C Hanigan/Perez

Bench
    Cozart/Gregorius
    Hanigan/Perez
    Heisey
    Paul
    Rodriguez

I would like to see a trade for a CF we could get for a year and let walk maybe a C. Crisp would be a good option. Could probley get him for 2 B prospects.
    Last edited by joe51391; 11-27-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Royals trade thought

KC would LOL then hang up and call all the other GM's so they could LOL at Walt too.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    KC would LOL then hang up and call all the other GM's so they could LOL at Walt too.
    Correct.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

This could be the most absurd trade proposal I've ever seen on this board.

Which, you know, come on... means something.

Salukifan2

You say they want pitching bad, yet you only give them homer, a middle reliever and a no name prospect. Wil Myers had the most prolific offensive season in the minors last year. IF you want him you better be offering Latos and then a couple good minor league pitchers.

Also, if their pitching is so thin why would they be interested in dealing a good young lefty like collins?

Then take out Collins and Lotzkar and add Corcino does that make it more realistic

Let the kids play!

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Then take out Collins and Lotzkar and add Corcino does that make it more realistic
    No, they aren't moving 3 high upside position players who aren't making money. Salvador Perez is 22 hitting .311 over his first 437 AB with nice defense and is under control until 2019 while the others are all not even arbitration eligible.

They may be willing to move Myers for a SP and a outfielder like in the news reports indicate but they aren't dealing the other 3 or even 2 of them for our or any other teams secondary prospects and/or older players.

I think Homer may have a little more value than some suggest. Not saying Bailey for Myers would ever happen, but Bailey and Stubbs might. Myers is a top prospect, but still a prospect, hasn't proved anything at the major league level.

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    I think Homer may have a little more value than some suggest. Not saying Bailey for Myers would ever happen, but Bailey and Stubbs might. Myers is a top prospect, but still a prospect, hasn't proved anything at the major league level.
    Neither has stubs haha

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Just some words of advice when trying to make up realistic fake trade proposals...

Teams rarely, if ever, trade productive players who have yet to reach arbitration unless there is a stud player coming back to them. These players are extremely valuable. In the case of Moustakas or Perez, you would pay $10M or more each on the open market and Collins would demand $4-5M for their production and they get them for 500k each.

Teams rarely, if ever, trade the minor league player of the year without a stud player coming back to them.

Your proposal above has 4 of the aforementioned productive pre-arbitration players and/or top prospects. That's the kind of package a team may put together for Joey Votto. Not for a package of B level prospects, a middle of the rotation starter and a good catching prospect.

Well, Wil Myers is being shopped for Pitching and the Reds should trade them anyone but Cueto, Latos, Chapman for him...

The Royals have been looking at John Lester but the Red Sox will not trade Lester for Myers...

Now, the Rays might give up Shields for Myers... That's a good deal...

But I do know that the Royals are shopping Moustakas and the Reds should definately look at adding him... This guy could be a 40 HR Hitter... I know I know I know he bats Left Handed but if the Reds could trade Leake for Moustakas... I mean, damn... that's a good trade.

Anyhow... If Myers is available... He's a .300-30-100 guy waiting to explode... The Reds should look at this opportunity. Adding 2 blue chip hitters for some excess pitching...

I think Leake for Moustakas is an even trade. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Well, Wil Myers is being shopped for Pitching and the Reds should trade them anyone but Cueto, Latos, Chapman for him...

The Royals have been looking at John Lester but the Red Sox will not trade Lester for Myers...

Now, the Rays might give up Shields for Myers... That's a good deal...

But I do know that the Royals are shopping Moustakas and the Reds should definately look at adding him... This guy could be a 40 HR Hitter... I know I know I know he bats Left Handed but if the Reds could trade Leake for Moustakas... I mean, damn... that's a good trade.

Anyhow... If Myers is available... He's a .300-30-100 guy waiting to explode... The Reds should look at this opportunity. Adding 2 blue chip hitters for some excess pitching...

I think Leake for Moustakas is an even trade. IMHO.
    I really don't think the Reds could get them for "excess pitching." If we were able to get one or both of Myers/Mous, it would take pitching prospects, which I would not consider to be "excess." I'm not saying Walt shouldn't try, just that it would potentially effect future rotations.

Salukifan2

If the Royals want pitching that bad they should just call their I-70 rival.

I do really like Moustakas. I think you'd be looking at Bailey + Corcino/Cingrani to land him though.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I do really like Moustakas. I think you'd be looking at Bailey + Corcino/Cingrani to land him though.
    This is probably along the lines of what it would take, or at least it would get Walt's foot in the door. I doubt it would take any less. And as good as I think Mous is/will be, I'm not sure I would pull the trigger. I think Bailey has finally turned a corner, and will be a solid 2/3 for his career. And from what I hear, Corcino is pretty solid as well. I wouldn't care as much about Cingrani as I expect him to be a bullpen arm, but it's still nice to have good, cheap back of the pen guys. And right now, I care more about keeping the pitching staff intact, and near the best in the league.

Turn Off Ads?