Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angels and Ryan Madson nearing an incentive-laden deal

Re: Angels and Ryan Madson nearing an incentive-laden deal

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    What bothers me even more than Ludwick not showing more gratitude is the team owners making hundreds of millions off people abusing their bodies on a daily basis just to make fractions of that.
    doesn't bother me....these guys are paid well and the owners own...good for them. I drive a fed ex truck every day for 9 to 12 hours and climb my big butt in and out of there about 120 or so times tugging and lifting on boxes up to 175 lbs. Can't help but wonder who is more tired at the end of every night...me or Ludwick. sorry didn't mean to rant.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    What bothers me even more than Ludwick not showing more gratitude is the team owners making hundreds of millions off people abusing their bodies on a daily basis just to make fractions of that.
    I get it but for me the point where I sympathized overtly with players vs mgmnt was over long ago. The argument is specious anyway. Any biz makes fortunes off its real producers while keeping the rewards as workers/producers as minimal as their particular market allows. Ballplayers "injustice" in the MLB market gets a zero from me.

Details of deal
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...an-madson.html

WEDNESDAY: The deal is expected to be worth $3.5MM in guaranteed money, plus $2.5MM in roster bonuses and $1MM in incentives for games finished, Yahoo's Tim Brown writes (Twitter link). Madson passed his physical, Mike DiGiovanna of the LA Times reports (on Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...PdkbJHrBDap.99

Madson thinks PED's are his only hope.

"If HGH were legal," Madson said, "just in the process of healing, under a doctor's recommendation, in the right dosage, while you're on the [disabled list], I don't think that's such a bad idea -- as long as it doesn't have any lasting side effects, negative side effects."
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Man. I always liked Madson. It's a shame how his career has seemingly come to such a sudden halt.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Madson thinks PED's are his only hope.

Quote:
    "If HGH were legal," Madson said, "just in the process of healing, under a doctor's recommendation, in the right dosage, while you're on the [disabled list], I don't think that's such a bad idea -- as long as it doesn't have any lasting side effects, negative side effects."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    If they were legal and had no long term negative side effects, I would imagine you wouldn't be the only person taking them.

-The Insider-

Released by the Angels.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Angels Release Ryan Madson

By Charlie Wilmoth [August 5 at 9:16pm CST]

The Angels have released reliever Ryan Madson, MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez reports (on Twitter). Madson signed a one-year, $3.5MM deal with the Angels last November to bolster what turned out to be a weak bullpen. But the investment hasn't paid dividends, since Madson hasn't pitched in the Majors since 2011 -- he spent all of 2012 recovering from Tommy John surgery, and has not yet returned to pitch in 2013, except in one May rehab appearance with Class A+ Inland Empire. Madson threw bullpen sessions in Arizona last month.

Madson has a 3.59 ERA with 7.8 K/9 and 2.7 BB/9 in 630 career innings pitched. He posted a 2.37 ERA with 9.2 K/9 and 2.4 BB/9 in 2011 with the Phillies.

Really bad run of luck for the guy over the last few years. Missed out on a top FA deal due to the numbers game, then signed below market with the Reds only to blow out his arm, and now this. Gotta feel for him.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

He also missed out on the FA contract because he had Boras trying to get an extravagant contract. 4 years 44 million. It was close and eventually Phillies decided if they were going spend that much, why not get Papelbon.

Had Boras said 4 years 30 million, Madson would have been sitting pretty. As it was he made 11.5 million in 2 years.

12. Likes:

joshua (08-06-2013),kaldaniels (08-06-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    He also missed out on the FA contract because he had Boras trying to get an extravagant contract. 4 years 44 million. It was close and eventually Phillies decided if they were going spend that much, why not get Papelbon.

Had Boras said 4 years 30 million, Madson would have been sitting pretty. As it was he made 11.5 million in 2 years.
    No wonder why players have been flocking away from Boras to other agents in recent years.

And why it's not a lock Choo has to leave after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No wonder why players have been flocking away from Boras to other agents in recent years.

And why it's not a lock Choo has to leave after this year.
    It's no lock, but if Choo is allowed to dip his toe in the FA waters after the next 2 months of baseball, the Reds will not be able to compete.

Choo is going to choo choo choose a big contract with a large market team.

Turn Off Ads?