Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Birthdays: 12/1

Birthdays: 12/1

Reds:

Reggie Sanders (44) -Hit 20 or more homers in a season for six different teams- a record. Does anyone else remember when he missed a lot of time when he became sick after painting the interior of his house with exterior paint?

Herm Winningham (50) -Has an odd middle name: "Son". Came to Cincy in the trade that sent Tracy Jones to Montreal; hey, anything that gets Tracy out of town I'm in favor of.

George Foster (63) -In 1981, Lawrence Ritter and Donald Honig included George in their book "The Best 100 Baseball Players of All Time". I'm guessing they regretted it later.

Cal McLish (86) -Full name Calvin Coolidge Julius Caesar Tuskahoma McLish.

Others:

Larry Walker (45) -Not too many people are comparing Jay Bruce to him any more, but I haven't given up yet...

Cookie Lavagetto -Known for breaking up Bill Bevans' 1947 World Series no-hitter; also the first manager in Minnesota Twins history.

Walter Alston -Probably the sanest man to be a great manager.

Ed Reulbach -Pitched two shutouts on the same day in 1908; let's see somebody break THAT record...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Birthdays: 12/1

Now that is one unbreakable record by Reulbach.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Don't forget Dan Schatzeder, LOL

The only reason I know that is that it's my mom's birthday and he was born in the same year. Once I saw that on a baseball card, it was something I'll remember.

Anyway, happy birthday to my mom

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Herm Winningham also (I believe) holds a record with 3 triples in one game.

Box score
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Worth The Wait

Sanders had a very nice career, but I just can't find it in my heart to forgive him for the 1995 NLCS... I think he just struck out again...

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Adding Marty Marion slick fielding shortstop of the Cardinals. He, among others, will be considered for induction by the HoF's pre-integration era committee. This will happen 12-2 and 12-3.

In my humble opinion, he is not really Hall of Fame material...but then I didn't think that Bill Mazeroski was either. What do you think?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/1...l-fame-ballot/

Turn Off Ads?