Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

  1. #1
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,541

    K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    899

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Word is it's LB Jovan Belcher.
    Choo got it, dude.

  4. #3
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,624

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    This story sure sucks

  5. #4
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,624

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Word is it's LB Jovan Belcher.
    Yep, it's already up on Wiki as that:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Belcher

  6. #5
    Member Tuff Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NW, Tn.
    Posts
    316

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Wow.....Prayers for the families. As a huge Chiefs fan, and an ex-STH, this does suck.

  7. #6
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,328
    They have a three month old baby.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,656

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Apparently killed himself in front of Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli after thanking them both.

    Just tragic.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  9. #8
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,477

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Very sad story.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Bush Leagues
    Posts
    9,299

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Apparently killed himself in front of Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli after thanking them both.
    Thanks, now let me drop some horror on you.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Anyone else surprised they are playing this game? I can't imagine the mental state of the Chiefs players right now. It will be very interesting how the team addresses the situation. They have to be very careful. Yes, they lost a teammate, but he also murdered a young mother and killed himself.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

  12. #11
    NL Central champs
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Anyone else surprised they are playing this game? I can't imagine the mental state of the Chiefs players right now. It will be very interesting how the team addresses the situation. They have to be very careful. Yes, they lost a teammate, but he also murdered a young mother and killed himself.
    IMO, it's pretty ridiculous that they are playing the game today. They could easily move the game to Monday or Tuesday and offer refunds to fans who can't go to the game. The players shouldn't have to go out and play a game 24 hours after losing a teammate.

  13. #12
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,477

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    IMO, it's pretty ridiculous that they are playing the game today. They could easily move the game to Monday or Tuesday and offer refunds to fans who can't go to the game. The players shouldn't have to go out and play a game 24 hours after losing a teammate.
    In all honesty Monday or Tuesday won't be any better. When I've been in situations where I've lost someone close it has been my preference to stick as close as possible to routine.

  14. #13
    Member Mattbo4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Probably had some head trauma like Junior Seau's death. Very sad story. Sad they had a 3 year old daughter. RIP.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  15. #14
    NL Central champs
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    472

    Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    In all honesty Monday or Tuesday won't be any better. When I've been in situations where I've lost someone close it has been my preference to stick as close as possible to routine.
    If the NFL and management consulted the players and then decided that it was best to play the game today then I would be fine with it, but I haven't heard that they did that. IMO, Playing the game today comes across as disrespectful to those players mourning because they lost a teammate.

  16. #15
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,075
    Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    If the NFL and management consulted the players and then decided that it was best to play the game today then I would be fine with it, but I haven't heard that they did that. IMO, Playing the game today comes across as disrespectful to those players mourning because they lost a teammate.
    The Chiefs captains unanimously voted to play the game as scheduled.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25