Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

NL Central champs

Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    The Chiefs captains unanimously voted to play the game as scheduled.
    I hadn't heard about that. If true, then I agree with the decision to play the game today.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: K.C. Chiefs player commits suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Anyone else surprised they are playing this game? I can't imagine the mental state of the Chiefs players right now. It will be very interesting how the team addresses the situation. They have to be very careful. Yes, they lost a teammate, but he also murdered a young mother and killed himself.
    I was more than a little troubled by the fact that they left his jersey hanging up -- I know it's tragic that he killed himself, but the man killed the mother of his child. Had he survived trying to take his own life, he'd be facing murder charges and life in prison.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I was more than a little troubled by the fact that they left his jersey hanging up -- I know it's tragic that he killed himself, but the man killed the mother of his child. Had he survived trying to take his own life, he'd be facing murder charges and life in prison.
    I'm iffy about how I feel about that person right now. On one hand, yeah, that's all true.

On the other...I totally expect we're going to hear that his brain was degenerating to that of an Alzheimer's patient's, just like Junior Seau and Chris Henry.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Turn Off Ads?